Skip to main content

Disbelief


I can still remember the first moment I laid eyes on you. Time stood still.


Your daddy is SO proud! I am so blessed to be able to watch him with you. Breath-taking


Your brother was in awe of you then and adores you now!


And now you are this little boy getting bigger by the second and more precious by the moment!
Dear Grady~

One year ago at around 11:30am your mommy and daddy strolled into Baylor Hospital in Frisco, Texas not knowing we would not be leaving without you in our arms. Mommy thought she was going to get a big cheeseburger for lunch and daddy talked about new job prospects. Five hours later you arrived changing our lives forever. Your birth was a whirlwind with lots of laughs and surprises. We wouldn't have it any other way.

When I think back through the journey of having you I get teary-eyed and shout praises to our Lord. Mommy and Daddy prayed for and wanted you with all of our being! Jackson desperately wanted a sibling and God knew exactly the right guy for the job! You were a fighter in mama's belly not willing to give up even then! You came four weeks early big and strong with no complications. Only our amazing God could do something as miraculous as that!

Grady, you are the sweetest little guy making yourself known when necessary. You love hard blessing everyone you come into contact with. As much as mommy doesn't like seeing her little guy grow up so quickly, I enjoy watching you grow, learn, and explore. Your bright blue eyes just soak everything in amazed at the world around you. You are not in a hurry to do anything but just go with the flow of life enjoying every second. I admire that in you!

You have hit some milestones this month taking a few steps on your own here and there, using a sippy cup, and drinking whole milk. You don't seem to mind the transitions you need to make as you grow except you REALLY like your bottle when you take a nap and go to sleep at night. It is very comforting to you. You say "bye bye" actually singing our bye-bye song from MyGym and say "ball." You like to push cars around and play with balls. You have also gotten one more tooth giving you a grand total of eight teeth!

You are incredible, little man. We love you so much and are so excited to watch your life grow and flourish knowing that you are here on this earth to do great and amazing things! May we give to others the love and blessing that you give to us each and every moment of every day!

Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!
Love,
Mommy, Daddy, Jack, and Wyatt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grady's Story

Grady Steven Fish 7lbs. 3oz. 19 1/2inches April 25, 2009 4:45pm SURPRISE! Actually, I think absolute shock is more appropriate! This was me a week ago...happy at 36 weeks pregnant with not much happening. I thought for sure that I had at least 2 weeks left, if not four. I did, however, frantically run around town that day getting all the things I thought I needed to get just in case. Good thing I am a little neurotic and OCD because it paid off a few days later. I have had contractions on and off since I was 25 weeks pregnant or so. I never thought anything of them because they were so sporadic and fairly painless. Friday camearound and I noticed that I was having more contractions than usual. Grady was still moving about so I didn't worry much. Around 2:30pm that day I laid down because the contractions were coming on a little stronger and closer together. I called Scott to let him know and honestly, to see when he was coming home from work. Jackson was still napping and I wasn...

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil...

Joys and Sorrows

Ok,so I don't really know what to say. All I know is that writing is therapeutic for me and I think I need a little therapy right now. Where to begin? I guess with my doctor appointment. I went in for my routine 12 week check-up only to find out some grim news...the baby had no heartbeat and stopped developing at 10 weeks. No...this cannot be happening...again. There is just no way. God wouldn't allow this to happen again. Yet, it did. How am I feeling, you ask? Honestly, I don't really know. I am deeply saddened, angry,hurt, overwhelmed, fearful, determined, full of faith, lacking in faith, etc., etc. How should I be feeling? What should I do now? Do I sit and cry or do I go finish the errands I need to get done today? I am at a loss. What I do know is that less then a week ago I was experiencing such great joy. I watched my son enjoy the very things I loved as a child. I enjoyed time spent with my husband and with us as a family. I felt my toes in the sand, watched my fav...