Skip to main content

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10

"You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14

Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are still waiting for blood test results. We will receive these in 5-7 business days. These results will hopefully confirm what the sono showed-no complications. Please be on your knees that this sweet child is as healthy and strong as it has appeared.

I must say that this pregnancy has been a journey of faith. Not only have I had to overcome worry, fear, and doubt, we've hit some bumps along the way. One major test of my faith came Sunday afternoon. I began cramping and bleeding. Scott and I rushed to the ER and after three and a half hours it was determined that I have a placental tear. There's some fancy name for it but this is easier for me to say and spell. Anyway, the baby was fine, and still is fine. The tear typically does not affect the baby. We were reassured of this today when the doctor measured the tear and further encouraged us that it is okay and happens often in the first trimester. I was on pretty strict bed rest yesterday and now have just been told to take it easy. I am feeling fine and I promise I am resting although that is a hard "rule" for me to follow:) Even though this was a pretty big scare and I was nervous at times, I had an overarching sense of peace and serenity. That was God!

Now I need to be vulnerable and honest with all of you. As I go through this miraculous journey I have struggled with not saying anything or writing about it on my blog. My desire is that you see God in all of this; even those, ESPECIALLY those, who do not believe. Every Tuesday as Scott is praying for God's will in our lives I am praying for a miracle and every Tuesday I have witnessed one. When we were in the ER Scott held my hand and he prayed for us. He asked me specifically what I wanted prayer for and I said a miracle. He responded in telling me that all he could pray for was God's will. I respect him beyond words that he can so confidently pray and desire for God's will to be done without truly knowing what the end result will entail. Meanwhile, however, I was praying for a miracle silently to myself. I was not pleading or begging. I was just asking God to show His mighty and merciful hand and that He still works miracles today. And you know what, He did just that. He performed a miracle Sunday night! There was NO way in my mind that the baby was alive and sure enough the baby was perfectly healthy! If that doesn't help you to see God's glory I don't know what will!

Some of you who are still skeptical may ask, "If God still performs miracles and is as good as you say He is then why did you have to go through what you did? Why didn't He save my other babies? Well, I can't answer for God but I can tell you what I think. I needed to be taught. I had to learn something. I needed to be solely dependent on Him and know that I am really not in control and that is OKAY. Actually, it is better than okay. I'd rather have my Creator and merciful God be in control that crazy old me! Unfortunately I am stubborn and a visual/tangible learner. God HAD to get my attention in a mighty way. I will be forever grateful and indebted for what I've gone through in this past year for I am not the same person I was before and I could not be more relieved! Secondly, you would never have seen God in such a powerful and glorious way had I not gone through what I have. If I had another healthy pregnancy right away we'd all rejoice and be happy which is totally fine. However, we would have missed God's glory, magnificence, power, beauty, grace, righteousness, gentleness had this been the case. His glory shines so brightly now. Last, He, I believe, was protecting Scott and I from having a baby with special needs or major health problems. Scott and I pray daily, and always have when I am pregnant, for a healthy vibrant baby. When the baby wasn't healthy, he took it away. I'd much rather lose a child through miscarriage than bury my baby!

So, there you have it. That's my heart. All I desire through this is that you see the AMAZING God I love! I may not understand Him all the time but I know and believe that He is merciful, glorious, and mighty! He has great plans for this baby! I just feel it in my bones! If you are a believer, please take a moment to praise Him for this miracle and stop for a moment and thank Him for the miracles He gives you EVERYDAY! If you are still not convinced that He is God, that there is a God, just follow my story. You will see Him. Also, take a moment to reread this week's "Monday Musings." I really think the verses of praise will have new meaning for you!

I love and cherish all of you! Thank you for taking the time to read what comes purely from my heart. Thank you for praying for me and my family. This miracle would not be occurring in my life without the power and presence of prayer. Please continue praying that the test results come back negative and that sweet little miracle baby keeps thriving! I will keep you posted!

"Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God." Romans 4:20
"Through Him we have gained access by faith into His grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope and glory of God." Romans 5:2


We haven't told Jackson yet, However, I have had this shirt FOREVER and had to finally put it on him! He is excited because it has a dinosaur on it. We are taking him to our sonogram appointment next Tuesday to reveal what is in store for him:)

Comments

Whitney said…
Yea!!!!!! I still can't believe we are both pregnant at the same time after the bumpy roads we both have had! But, I feel so fortunate like you to see God's hand at work. I feel much stronger as well and much closer to God. And, as usual your blog says it all so well!!! I just can't begin to tell you how happy I am for you and your family! I will be praying for our babies to be healthy!! And, to have close birthdays like Jack and Macy :) Love you!!
Reed said…
My heart is jumping for joy!!! I am so happy for you guys! We will keep praying for a safe and healthy pregnancy and baby!!
Rachel said…
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I've been thinking about you, Megan, and am so happy to hear this news! Here's to a happy and healthy rest of your nine months!
Victoria said…
I'm very happy for you guys!
Carly Peters said…
YIPEE!!! I'm sooo excited for you guys. I can't wait to see God's little miracle! You have been an example to all of us. Thanks for sharing your heart and you will always be in our thoughts and prayers!
Kristi said…
Congratulations, what wonderful news! I will certainly pray for a healthy pregnancy and baby.
Michelle said…
God is so good! I am so happy for your whole family! Megan you have such a strong faith, I know that you have been through alot but through it all you have become a strong woman, mother and wife. I am so excited, Lucas and your little miracle will only be 12ish weeks apart! So fun!! I will pray for a wonderful pregnancy and healthy little miracle! XOXOXO
Lisa said…
WOO HOO! So excited for you guys. Having a sibling for Jackson is an amazing gift! God's timing sometimes is so hard to wait for. A little miracle baby! Prayers for a healthy 9 months (or really 6 in your case!).
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!I'm so happy for you guys! I will be praying for you guys and am so excited for you. Please just take it easy and call me if you need anything. I love you! Yeah two of my good friends are pregnant now!
BML said…
Wahoo! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Fish-ette. She'd be sooooo cute. And you can buy her so many cute things... Yessssss!
Romberg Family said…
Alright you have me crying and goose bumps all over!!! I am so happy, excited and thrilled for you, Scott and Jackson!! Miracles do happen and it happened to a wonderful family!! I would call you and say congrats but no number!! :o) Well give the big brother a big hug from all of us!! Congratulations again!!!!
Hall5 said…
We are the proudest Aunt, Uncle, and cousins! We are over the moon for your guys and God is good! Megan, you are truely an inspiration to me, your a women of strength, courage, hope, faith, and your love for the lord is immense! I am proud to be your sister and Aunt to your children!This little fish and Jackson are so lucky and blessed to have you and Scott as parents! Get ready for a Hall summer vacation to Texas!! We can't wait!
Nikole said…
I am so happy for you and your family! Congratulations!
GioMitchTrev said…
Congrats!!! I just know everything is going to work out. God is good and he is using you to help us all have a little more faith. Love you!
Shannon said…
There are no words to truly express my excitement for you! I have been thinking about you lately and wondering...and now I know!! You are a HUGE encouragement to me and I'm sure to A LOT of other people. Thank you for showing me what faith is all about! We'll be praying for you! CONGRATULATIONS!
The Bullards! said…
Hello my sweet Meg. Well you are right, this has been a bumpy road, remember your promise...2009 had better rock!! LOL! God is so faithful to His children. His mighty hand is covering everything and blessing you and your family along the way.
I know how hard it can be to have faith admist trials, as you know. However, trials, tribulations, pain, sorrow are all emotions and curcumstances that the Lord uses to grow us and stretch us to the exact point that he has planned for us to be.
You know how much we love you and you've known Forever how excited I have been, so thank you for letting the cat out of the bag. You and Whit were killing me!!!!! LOL! Love you more than words.
The Bullios
missy said…
You are such an amazing woman! I pray for you and your family that God rains all of his blessings down on you. Your blog brings so much joy to so many people and I truly believe that He is using you to witness to so many unbelievers. Bless you, Megan, for you are a true angel of God!

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.