Skip to main content

Monday Musings~Bring on the Weakness

"My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Isn't it ironic that whenever you are going through something you are "spoken to" somehow. Whether a believer or not, something in your life hits you at the core making you think, "How did they know that was exactly what I needed?" I had this experience yesterday.

Life has been pretty hunky-dory for me for about two months or so. Everything seems to be going along swimmingly with no "serious" issues and I have finally experienced some joy. Of course this doesn't last too long. I don't want to get comfortable where I am at or anything, geesh! But our culture wants me to believe and think that life should be "comfortable" all the time. Anyway, I have been hit with some pretty serious and heavy stuff to deal with since the new year. Nothing in my immediate surroundings, but something that hits me at the core. Although I am at great peace with the circumstances, by God's grace, I am still hit hard and have to deal with some very difficult "issues."

When this came around I thought, "oh great, here we go again. Can't I catch a break for just a minute longer???" However, yesterday at church I realized that maybe I want to be EXACTLY where I am at right now. Obviously this is where God wants me to be or He'd force me to move somehow. I was reminded yesterday that He is strong in my weakness. Trials are going to come. It is inevitable. How I react to and handle those trials is what is at stake. I learned that having the "proper perspective" when trials hit is the key to living.

The challenges that are before me have nothing to do with a poor choice that I made or God's discipline. No. These challenges are totally out of my control. I can get angry, lash out, curse God, throw myself a pity party, let it consume me but what good would that do? I would be miserable, in a very bad place, no fun to be around, make myself sick, you get the point. Instead, I have chosen to have a different perspective. My eyes are focused on the Lord. What does He want to teach me through this? How does He want to use me? How might this situation bring others to the Lord who may never have known Him before? How might I grow closer to Him through this? How might I be an example to my son, my husband, friends, family? How can He strengthen me through this?

I can look back at last year and see how God was strong when I was weak; at my weakest point in my whole life really. I can see how His glory shined and He changed me in magnificent ways. Even though I faced some seriously difficult challenges last year, I can see how my story touched others for the cause of Christ and how my life will THANKFULLY never be the same. Although I cannot see the end of this story, I know that He will not leave me hanging. He is strong when I am weak. I know I am going to cry, make mistakes, get tired, and feel overwhelmed as this challenge pans out. However, I will never lose sight of my God; my Strength. If I allow Him to, God will work MIGHTILY through this! And I will remember that His grace is my air!

"God's more worried about your character than your comfort."

If you want to be comforted through your trials and reminded that you maybe don't have it so bad after all, read Paul's story in 2 Corinthians 11:21-12:10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.