Skip to main content

Monday Musings~Satisfied

"God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him"

I am a recovering "fill the void" girl. I would buy something, do something, anything to fill a void whether it be lack of love, lack of stuff, etc. However, when I'd wake up the next day the void would return. Bummer! Then the cycle would begin all over again.

Last year I desperately wanted another baby. I absolutely love being pregnant and was excited to watch Jack be a big brother. Unfortunately, but fortunately, God had other plans. As I struggled through the healing and dealing with the fact that God's timing was not my own, i was emailing back and forth with my pastor back in California. He gave me the above quote and it hit me hard! I have had taped to my dashboard ever since.

I suddenly realized that nothing I can do will ultimately satisfy me. I will always want more. We all know we live in a society of consume, consume, consume. Even if we don't have the means we still figure out someway to consume more; fill the void. We wouldn't be in the economic crisis we are if we didn't live in this vicious cycle.

I realize that no matter how much I buy or do I will never be satisfied. The only true way I can be completely satisfied is through Christ Jesus. He fills me like no other. I have no wants in Him for He supplies all my needs. Right now is the time to realize that no matter what we do to fill the "void" we will never be satisfied. As we all begin to tighten our money belts and make wise choices financially lets find our satisfaction in Him!

Comments

Shannon said…
You really need to think about writing a book. You're always such an inspiration to me. Thank you for the reminder - we all need to be truly satisfied in Christ. Why is that so difficult sometimes? Love you guys and praying for you!

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.