Skip to main content

Let Go

Has anyone ever said to you, "Let go and let God"? I've heard that phrase many times before and honestly thought that I have let go and let God. However, I don't think I ever really "let go." I always hold onto some part of what I am trying to let go. I am an inward hoarder; a control freak. I am a fighter. I want to do things my way, and, many times, only trust myself to do it correctly. How awful is that? I trust myself with my life more than the One who created me. Hmmmm...I've never really thought about that until I just typed that out. Well, it only took major tragedy for me to learn my lesson but last night I learned to let go.

I had a moment yesterday. I just broke down still reeling from everything. I think my emotions were hightened because today is my uncle's funeral. Whatever the case may be, I finally let go. I had to. I couldn't carry the weight of my burdens anymore. I was tired, weak, and hungry for something better for my life. No longer was I going to hold onto what God has told me He would gladly carry.

I am reading a book my sister sent me. I was apprehensive at first because I thought it to be the next popular self-help book blah, blah, blah. However, I was mistaken. This woman is searching; searching for answers on this journey of life. Searching for God. I, too, am searching. Thankfully, I have already found my God. But, I am searching for meaning in this season of my life asking God what I am supposed to learn from all this. One major epiphany I had was that I have to let go. In her book the author has an experience where she let's go. Someone gives her a piece of paper as she goes off by herself and line upon line the writer is telling her to let go. Let go. Let go. I have to let go. So, yesterday next to my bed hidden from the world, I let go. I had to.

I was comforted after this experience by a song by the David Crowder Band. The song goes as follows:
You never let go
Joy and Pain
Sun and rain
You never let go

See, the most comforting thing of all this is that He never let's go. No matter how much I question, or fight, or cry He doesn't let go of me. He holds on tight because He knows I am a fighter. All He wants me to do is let go. So, I did. I let go.

Comments

GioMitchTrev said…
I couldn't imagine what you are going through my dear. I am glad you let go though. Just remember God will ALWAYS be with you. I am sure you have read the poem "FootPrints"...it is definitely true!! Call me if you need anything!
Whitney said…
It is very hard to let go and give to God. I struggle with it every day. I am a control freak just like you and I think I need to keep worrying about things and stressing over them. I admire you for your brave step. I hope peace comforts you soon :)
Anonymous said…
I LOVE that you got so much out of that book. I remember when I was reading it and you were like...ew. I could tell. But I'm so glad it sent such a similar, yet different message for the both of us. Love it! And love you!
Nikole said…
I have been where you are. Letting go is such an important part of the healing process, it's also one of the hardest parts. Continue to seek comfort and wisdom from God, you're in my prayers. If you ever want to talk I'm here for you.

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.