Skip to main content

My "Ah-Ha" Moment

I've been searching to find what I am to learn through this season of my life. I knew in my heart that I wanted my faith to increase greatly. I wanted to feel the Lord in my bones and the depths of my soul. I didn't want to continue the "routine" of my faith. I wanted more.

I was reading through my journal yesterday and found that I began praying for three things the weekend I became pregnant. The three things were as follows:

1. I want to fellowship with Christ even in His sufferings. Let me explain. I was reading through Philippians at the time and prayed what Paul said in chapter three verse ten in which he discusses his desire to know the power of the resurrection by sharing in His sufferings. I didn't want to know what dying on the cross was like exactly. I have not totally lost my mind. I did, however, want to experience more than my padded life that we all experience just by living in the United States.
2. I wanted to truly trust God not just say that I did. I say I trust God but do I really???
3. Finally, I prayed that God would use me mightily

The holidays came and nothing changed. I went about the routine of my faith. Then the storm came that second cold week in January. All of a sudden I had to trust God. I also had to suffer. In the midst of the trial I was lost. I had no idea what God was doing. I was forced to trust God because the situation was so beyond my control. There was nothing I could do. This was difficult for me especially since I am a control addict! God knows me so well, though, that He put me in a situation where all I could do was trust Him. So, I fought and fought and cried and cried until I gave up and gave in. I began, slowly, to trust Him. I realized that He had more for me through this even though it seemed at the time that He had forgotten about me. Yet, I asked Him to allow me to trust Him.

During the testing of my faith and trust in Him I had to suffer. I have never really suffered before. Yes, I have endured trials and yes, they were difficult. But none like this. I have never felt pain so deep. I didn't know the pit of my stomach went down so far. The suffering made my bones ache. I never cried so hard. I felt like David when he cried out in the Psalms and said, "How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart?" Psalm 13:1-2 Yet, I asked Him to allow me to share in His sufferings.

Through my suffering, I tried rejoicing; having the joy in all circumstances as Paul speaks of in Philippians. I looked to David once again in the Psalms: "But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for He has been good to me." Psalm 13:5-6 I knew God would use me and this situation mightily.

Last night I received a phone call from an old and dear friend. Do you want to know how good the Lord is? I have tears in my eyes just typing this. She shared with me how this blog and my situation has helped her in her faith. I have received countless emails and phone calls telling me the same thing. I did not get it until last night. I sat on my closet floor crying. This is my hiding place. I shut all the doors so Scott and Jackson can't find me and cry in solace. However, this time was different. These were tears of joy. I asked God to use me mightily and He did. This was my "ah-ha" moment.

The Lord really is good and answers prayer even if it is in the most unfathomable ways. I am touched, honored, and privileged that He has chosen me for this journey. If one life was touched for His glory through all this then it was beyond worth it! I would take the journey all over again! I never knew how desperately I needed this season to come. I am sad to see it fade. However, I can leave this season and move to the next knowing that I was able to fellowship with Christ in His sufferings, felt the power of His resurrection, learned to truly trust Him, and allowed Him to use me mightily. Now I look to the future with great excitement. If God can be this big in my life what is He capable of; what does He have in store for me? I guess I will just have to be patient and trust Him to be mighty in my life.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.