Skip to main content

Praise the Lord...No seriously, go PRAISE HIM

I know you all have probably been anxiously awaiting this blog sitting on the edge of your seats:) So I will get right to it...the doctor basically told us that we have a 99 percent chance of having another healthy baby. I know! I couldn't believe it either! She told us to still do the chromosome testing on Scott and I just for peace of mind but doesn't think they will find anything. She believed that this occurred because of a spontaneous mutation. She was more than encouraging for us to try again...eventually. I cried as we left and poor Scott just looked at me like "now what???" I was crying tears of joy, relief, and shock; pure humility that the Lord desired to bless us so richly with such wonderful results. I was not expecting that outcome not doubting the Lord but just thinking He may have something else planned for us (and He still may). Scott and I stopped in the parking lot, prayed, and praised the Lord. I saw a woman watching us as we embraced and prayed and prayed myself that she could see Him through our actions. This is what this entire experience has been about for me...that others may see God through all of this.

I was nervous to go to sleep last night thinking I'd wake up in the middle of the night tossing and turning. Instead I slept like a rock until 7:15am. We even had a pretty good thunderstorm that didn't wake me. I did, however, say to Scott, "might we get gloomy news because it is so gloomy out?" I know I think too much but you know how you can always remember what the day was like when you receive certain news. I was also nervous to look at my daily verse this morning thinking it was going to say something to prepare me for the "bad" news. But it didn't. The inspiring verse read:
"My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." Col. 2:2-3

The ironic thing is I did not shed one tear yesterday. Although still a little nervous, I had a sense of peace and was able to laugh with Jackson A LOT!!! On the way to the appointment every song on the radio was a praise song to Him not one of those worship songs that sings about your sufferings and struggles that brings tears to your eyes. I do not think this was all by accident or me having "mind over matter." I truly believe that the peace we had and the results we got was because of the unending prayers of all of you. Scott and I are truly humbled that you would pray for us and our family and are FOREVER grateful!!!! We are on our knees praising God for you and asking that He bless you richly for your commitment to prayer for us. And we continue to humbly and selfishly ask that you continue to pray for us and our family as we eventually try to grow it once more.

The results today do not promise Scott and I another baby nor do they tell us what the next chapter in our lives will be and that is okay. This is what faith is all about. What they do do, however, is give us all hope in Him. He obviously answered all of your prayers for peace, strength, serenity, hope, a positive outcome, and much more. His glory reigned today. His face shined down on us... two measly people trying to be in the Lord's will. He heard you and answered you. Deep down all I truly wanted was for Him to be seen, glorified, and for us to be right where He wants us. As my wonderful friend, Michelle, always reminds me, "life is a journey, not a destination."

Some of you may ask whether I would have the same positive "praise the Lord" attitude had the results come back differently. I cannot tell you what my reaction would have been but what I do know about myself is that, however difficult that may have been, I would still be praising our MAGNIFICENT God.

I am strengthened today to continue on my journey trying to figure out the God I love. I will fail and I will succeed. But in the end, I will reach my destination...Heaven. And how glorious that day will be! But, for now, I desire to see God's glory here on Earth. I caught a glimpse of His beauty today, and this whole week for that matter. I will continue praising Him through the storms and as the rainbow of promise appears. Will you?

"May He give you the desires of your heart and make all your plans succeed. We will shout for joy when you are victorious and we will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the Lord grant all your requests." Psalm 20:4-5

Will you shout for joy for our victory today? I know I will! I just might go and shout from my rooftop how good our God is! I'm not kidding!!! With all seriousness, though, please praise Him today not for just answering your prayers for the Fish fam but for everything, including all those little things we so easily forget about:)

"That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted Him for that day. 2Tim 1:12

I can suffer with the peace, joy, and strength in knowing that He will guard me and be there no matter what I am face with!!! Praise God!

Comments

Kristi said…
Oh, Megan, that's wonderful news. Thank God!!!
Michelle said…
I am so happy that you got great news. Yeah!
Carly Peters said…
Yeah Megan, that is so good to hear. I was thinking about you all day yesterday and we prayed for you. I can't wait to see what the future holds for the Fish family!
Becca said…
That is just wonderful to hear!
Nikole said…
That's beautiful news! :)
missy said…
You are such an AMAZING Christian! I read your blog daily and am so incredibly happy for you and Scott. God is GREAT! I will continue to pray for you and I know our God will continue to bless you and comfort you!

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.