Skip to main content

Monday Musings~Loud Faith

Ah, faith; difficult to take that leap of faith and believe and difficult to talk about with others. I sit behind the protection of my computer not having to look any of you in the eye. If I offend, I am not always aware. I am in a safe place. Although guarded with some things, I am pretty transparent on my blog. I don't hold much back. It is easy when you are in the comfort of your home sitting behind the computer typing away. Speaking of comfort, I am actually in a pretty comfortable place in my life. Yes, there are unsures and instabilities, but, for the most part, life is comfortable.

Whenever I get comfortable, though, I get challenged. I must admit that I have enjoyed this time. Last year was pretty tumultuous. I feel like if I look the wrong way or say the wrong thing a trial or conflict may rear its ugly head. So, I have remained in my little suburban bubble going about my daily routine not taking risks or stepping out of my comfort zone. Of course this game could not go on forever. So, here is my story.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I believe that He is the Way, the Truth, and the Light and that He is the ONLY way to get into Heaven. Many of you already know this about me. What you don't know is that I'm not a big "talker" of my faith. I believe and I live, for the most part, what I believe. I hope my life is a reflection of my faith. I am not one to sit on my soap box and shout to the world that you must believe what I believe. I truly feel deep down inside that accepting and believing in Jesus is a personal decision that no one can make it for you. I hope and pray that my boys make this decision independently of Scott and I. I don't want them to believe just because that's what mommy and daddy do.

However, with all that said, I also believe that although someone cannot save another, he or she can share, lead, or guide them to knowing Jesus. This is where I struggle. Christians have such a bad reputation in our society. Much of this has to do with hypocrisy, being judgmental, bad experiences with the church/pastors/congregation, incorrect portrayals by media, etc. I know that as soon as I open my mouth about my faith and what I believe all those stereotypes come into play. Also, I don't want to be that person that says something ignorant or uneducated in my faith because I do not know every answer to questions concerning the Bible/faith. So, here I sit in my little bubble hoping that my life is enough of a reflection of what Jesus has done for me to encourage others to seek after Him.

I know this is not enough. I am challenged to open up and be more confident in what I believe. Am I going to jam it down your throat? No. But I will talk about it when prompted and not feel like the bad guy anymore. I will not be ashamed of what I believe or how I live my life even though it goes against almost everything our society shouts at us. I loved one of the songs we sang Sunday. It talked about living a loud faith; living out what we believe and not just a "religious commotion." I hope I am truly living what I believe and not just playing the religiosity of it all. I will continue to live a loud faith without shame and even open up my mouth and share every once in a while:)

""For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

""For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.