Skip to main content

Monday Musings~Wash Me in the Word

Words inspire me; written, spoken, heard in a movie, from a great friend, a great leader. Words encourage me, challenge me, disturb me. I love to read and write. Both are true passions of mine. There is nothing like a good book or a good story to be told. I was sick (again) last week and Scott, bless his heart, let me jump in bed at 6pm to rest. I took advantage of the quiet to read. The words in this book spoke to me and I enjoyed every minute. One thing I noticed, however, was that as the authors words were inspirational and encouraging what spoke to me the most was the verses at the beginning of each chapter.

As words touch my life, there is nothing like Scripture. Some verses hit me so deep in my core that I cannot remain the same once I have read them. I must admit that I am in a lull when it comes to reading the Bible everyday. I have allowed the busyness of life to infiltrate and not allowed time for the most important words of my day; those spoken by God. I went back through the book and wrote all the Scripture down on index cards. I felt rejuvenated after writing each one and rereading them. What I learned was that although people inspire and challenge me through their words, whether written or spoken, nothing compares to the Word of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grady's Story

Grady Steven Fish 7lbs. 3oz. 19 1/2inches April 25, 2009 4:45pm SURPRISE! Actually, I think absolute shock is more appropriate! This was me a week ago...happy at 36 weeks pregnant with not much happening. I thought for sure that I had at least 2 weeks left, if not four. I did, however, frantically run around town that day getting all the things I thought I needed to get just in case. Good thing I am a little neurotic and OCD because it paid off a few days later. I have had contractions on and off since I was 25 weeks pregnant or so. I never thought anything of them because they were so sporadic and fairly painless. Friday camearound and I noticed that I was having more contractions than usual. Grady was still moving about so I didn't worry much. Around 2:30pm that day I laid down because the contractions were coming on a little stronger and closer together. I called Scott to let him know and honestly, to see when he was coming home from work. Jackson was still napping and I wasn...

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil...

Joys and Sorrows

Ok,so I don't really know what to say. All I know is that writing is therapeutic for me and I think I need a little therapy right now. Where to begin? I guess with my doctor appointment. I went in for my routine 12 week check-up only to find out some grim news...the baby had no heartbeat and stopped developing at 10 weeks. No...this cannot be happening...again. There is just no way. God wouldn't allow this to happen again. Yet, it did. How am I feeling, you ask? Honestly, I don't really know. I am deeply saddened, angry,hurt, overwhelmed, fearful, determined, full of faith, lacking in faith, etc., etc. How should I be feeling? What should I do now? Do I sit and cry or do I go finish the errands I need to get done today? I am at a loss. What I do know is that less then a week ago I was experiencing such great joy. I watched my son enjoy the very things I loved as a child. I enjoyed time spent with my husband and with us as a family. I felt my toes in the sand, watched my fav...