Skip to main content

My 5-Month Boy


My Sweet Grady-Do,

You are truly amazing! "One smiley little guy," is what daddy and I always say. Happy, giggly, and sweet are a few words to describe you. Scooting, rolling over and over, and reaching is what you like to do this month. You are an incredible sleeper and such an easy baby. You typically just go with the flow and often fall asleep wherever you are. You REALLY want to crawl and sometimes get frustrated that you can't. We can no longer leave you just laying on the bed or couch. You are chewing on anything and everything that you can get into your mouth. We started rice cereal this month and sometimes you like it, sometimes you don't. You have really packed on the pounds and gone through quite a growth spurt. I would guess you are about 15 pounds and SUPER long! You are wearing 6-9 month clothes and size 3 diapers. I cannot believe how big you are! I think I blinked and you became this baby!

I cannot imagine a day without you. God truly designed you perfectly for me, daddy, and Jackson. I can't remember life without you and really don't want to! You bring such joy to all our lives! Jackson LOVES having "his Grady" coming into mommy and daddy's room every morning just to see you. You crack up at daddy and love to grab his face. You and I snuggle and have many great conversations. I love you more than life itself. Thank you for blessing each and every moment of our lives! Until next month...




Comments

Becca said…
That close up of him peaking up is soooo cute!
Kristi said…
Great pictures! I love that hat on him.
BML said…
Holy poop. I love this pictures of Grady. Love love LOVE them.

Popular posts from this blog

Grady's Story

Grady Steven Fish 7lbs. 3oz. 19 1/2inches April 25, 2009 4:45pm SURPRISE! Actually, I think absolute shock is more appropriate! This was me a week ago...happy at 36 weeks pregnant with not much happening. I thought for sure that I had at least 2 weeks left, if not four. I did, however, frantically run around town that day getting all the things I thought I needed to get just in case. Good thing I am a little neurotic and OCD because it paid off a few days later. I have had contractions on and off since I was 25 weeks pregnant or so. I never thought anything of them because they were so sporadic and fairly painless. Friday camearound and I noticed that I was having more contractions than usual. Grady was still moving about so I didn't worry much. Around 2:30pm that day I laid down because the contractions were coming on a little stronger and closer together. I called Scott to let him know and honestly, to see when he was coming home from work. Jackson was still napping and I wasn...

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil...

Joys and Sorrows

Ok,so I don't really know what to say. All I know is that writing is therapeutic for me and I think I need a little therapy right now. Where to begin? I guess with my doctor appointment. I went in for my routine 12 week check-up only to find out some grim news...the baby had no heartbeat and stopped developing at 10 weeks. No...this cannot be happening...again. There is just no way. God wouldn't allow this to happen again. Yet, it did. How am I feeling, you ask? Honestly, I don't really know. I am deeply saddened, angry,hurt, overwhelmed, fearful, determined, full of faith, lacking in faith, etc., etc. How should I be feeling? What should I do now? Do I sit and cry or do I go finish the errands I need to get done today? I am at a loss. What I do know is that less then a week ago I was experiencing such great joy. I watched my son enjoy the very things I loved as a child. I enjoyed time spent with my husband and with us as a family. I felt my toes in the sand, watched my fav...