Skip to main content

8 Months! Gasp!


Dear Grady~

Can you bring any more joy in our lives? Seriously kid! Everyday you make us laugh and smile. Your sweet spirit is such a blessing. The love and relationship between you and Jack is astounding. He loves you so much and you are still in awe of him. He calls you Grades which I think is so sweet. You love to watch Jack and daddy play and wrestle just waiting for the day when you can get in the mix.

You still aren't officially crawling. You do crawl backward and push yourself forward on all fours to get where you want to go. You get those legs going but your hands are glued to the floor. You get on your hands and feet straightening your legs out and kind of "walk" forward. You also LOVE to stand! I think you'd much rather stand than try to crawl. Mommy and daddy have to get you in standing position but once there, you are good on your own and oh-so-proud of yourself!

I know you said "mama" the other day but "dada" is still your word of choice. You had quite the conversation last night with mommy and daddy on the bed making all kinds of new sounds. You had so much to tell us. I loved watching your little lips form all those new sounds. So cute! Speaking of your mouth, you have two teeth on the bottom. We woke up one day and poof, teeth appeared. I couldn't believe it! You didn't cry, whine, fuss, nothing. I am crossing my fingers and toes that this will be our teething pattern.

I really don't think anything really upsets you. I have only heard you really cry when you bonk yourself on something. Other than that, you just kind of hang out and go with the flow typically with a smile on your face. You do give us this look (like the picture above) that says to me, "Really folks?" I love that look.

We love you more than words. You are our "good and perfect gift from above!" God is so good blessing us with you. He knew we needed a little Grady in our lives! Until next month my sweet angel...



You are such a happy little guy! Your smile lights up any room!


Daddy and I love your crazy fuzzy red hair! We play with it all the time. It's who you are!





Always trying to be on the move!


You still adore your brother and love playing with him.


Comments

BML said…
I like the one where he's eating the grass... As always, amazing pics friend!

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.