Skip to main content

Jackson Allen



Dear Jackson,

I realized that I have written your brother a letter every month for the past 9 months but have written you nothing. I promise I am not ignoring you! I want you to know how extraordinary mommy and daddy think you are so I will try my best to convey in words how very proud we are of you and honored to be your parents.

I cannot believe that you are three and a half. The conversations we have and the vocabulary you use blow me away! You no longer are a toddler but a little boy who is molding into quite a terrific young man. I look at you and listen to you talk and often see your future wondering what you will be but knowing that you will be successful no matter what you do! You have an intrinsic motivation and enormous curiosity to learn about things and how they work. We really don't have to push you to learn which is nice.

You are very smart and have been extremely curious from the moment you were born. I will never forget your Grandpa Peterson saying how alert you were right after you were born with eyes wide open ready to conquer the world. You love to explore, read, take things apart and put them back together, anything to help you understand how this life works. Your memory is just like your daddy's which is absolutely amazing and incredible! I have NO idea how you two remember so much detail and so many facts. Incredible.

You are very independent and always have been. You like to do things and figure things out on your own. You have always been like this. I think it's a little of mommy and daddy both in you. Stubbornness is both a gift and hindrance for you. You like to do things your way and on your own but never want mom and dad too far away.

You love mommy very much but right now it is all about dad. Your relationship with him is astounding! You absolutely adore daddy with all of your being. You CANNOT wait for him to get home from work so you can jump all over him and ask him to play Batman with you over and over again. You cannot get enough of him and I just love it. Sometimes I just sit back and listen to you guys play and wrestle loving the sound of the uncontrollable laughter coming from you. Yes, daddy is just that funny. I don't know when you will realize or appreciate how amazingly incredible your daddy really is, but I know one day you will see what I see.

I thought you would be a bit jealous when Grady was born. You were the light of our lives and focus of our attention for three years. However, you did quite the opposite. You took on the big brother role like a pro! Your love for him is astounding. You are so sweet with him, with a few brotherly bruises here and there, loving every moment you have together. You teach him new things and are so very patient with him. You want to know if he missed you while you were at school when I pick you up and give him kisses and hugs all the time. You love to make him smile and can really get him rolling with laughter. I love the sound of you two laughing together. He just gazes at you with adoration. You were made for each other.

I love and cherish our snuggle times when you just want to curl up with me in our bed and watch a show after you have had your bath. You smell divine and I just breath the moment in trying to hold onto every second. You have been so patient with me being pregnant so often lately and not being able to jump on me as much. I thank you for that.

I love your smile more than words and relish in your joy. You are such a happy kid. You love your friends, school, your family, and church. You love Jesus, telling me how He lives in your heart. You also LOVE animals and really need a pet. You tell me almost everyday what kind of animal you want. You are so good with them and just giggle when you are around animals. I know you get this from mommy. I promise you will get a puppy one day soon!

I think what mommy is trying to say is that I knew I needed you in my life before you were ever conceived. God knew. He created you perfectly just for mommy and daddy. You challenge us each and every day to be better parents, live more carefree, love more deeply, express more patience. We are humbly honored to be called Jackson's mommy and daddy.

We love you through eternity and beyond!
Mommy and Daddy

Comments

The Manzo's said…
I just cried! Megan you're such a great Mommy!!! I love you so much friend.

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.