Skip to main content

It's All in a Name

Wyatt Buz Fish


Ironically, I was going to post pictures of Wyatt today before I knew of my grandmother's passing. It is bittersweet looking at Wyatt and this new life while another one ended. Although he was named after my Grandpa Buz, my grandma is such a part of his name too. You see, there is no Grandpa Buz without Grandma.

Wyatt was the most wonderful "surprise" Scott and I could ever receive. I look back at the journey we have been through to create this perfect little family of five and I am in awe! When I became pregnant with Wyatt everyone said it happened for a reason. Well, the reason could not be more clear today. I look at Wyatt and am beyond grateful to our perfect God for blessing us with him and allowing me to name him after two very special and amazing people. Even though Wyatt was created for many reasons, I can clearly see that one of them was specifically for this time. I look into his new little eyes and see a great life ahead yet to be fulfilled and remember the life of my amazing grandma who has touched me beyond measure.

You see, God knew exactly what he was doing when He created Wyatt. He knew that we all needed a new little life to celebrate; a life that will carry on the memory of my grandma, and grandpa, forever. I will always look at Wyatt, or "Little Buz," and remember the love, support, and laughter that my grandma brought to my life. Thankfully she was able to hear him "talk" over the phone and was brought to tears.

I will miss my grandma forever. It will be strange to call her house and not get to talk to her and hear her funny stories and how proud she is of me. But, I get to look at this precious angel everyday and be reminded of the wonderful life and memories that I shared with a very special woman who will forever be held dear to my heart.















Comments

The Manzo's said…
I love you so much Megan! You're such a strong woman and I'm so honored to know you. Of course this made me cry, I can truly FEEL the love pouring out of this post. I can't wait to see you next week and hold sweet little Wyatt, give little Grady a BIG HUGE kiss, and sweet Jackson a BIG hug!!!! (OH and of course Scott too!). Love you friend.

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.