Skip to main content

A Calling Perhaps

I have experienced a quiet little nudge for the past three months to write. It's the constant quiet voice that keeps repeating in my head and heart to write. Never in a million years did I think I could write. I always struggled with prepositional phrases and how to properly end a sentence. I often joke with my grammatically correct friend. I think I am a little jealous that she knows all the writing rules. Anyway, I digress. My heart and mind are overflowing with thoughts, feelings, dreams, and experiences that I have a burning desire to share. Life is a journey. I feel it is so much better to share life and all its intricacies with others. I am on a road of faith believing with all that I am; all that makes me up that I am led by a Savior to a destination of eternity. That road is a beautiful disaster. I am constantly being molded, stretched, pushed to my limits, full of abundant joy, experience great sorrow, scared, anxious, glad, content, unhappy, ungrateful, yet full of grace, mercy, and love. I cannot contain that which He is teaching me. I must get it out in some form. Thus, the blog that was once dedicated to my precious boys and family is now an outlet for mommy and wife. I am sure I will still post about the four beautiful blessings He has entrusted me with. However, this is a place for me...really a place for Him to be explored, shared, felt, and lived. I leave you with two verses that have gotten me through this life thus far. They are words that are a foundation to my life and who I am. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on my and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-14 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comments

Katie said…
I'm a blog stalker ;) so glad to have you back in the blogging world. I think a lot of women can relate to your post. Beautiful writing.

Popular posts from this blog

Grady's Story

Grady Steven Fish 7lbs. 3oz. 19 1/2inches April 25, 2009 4:45pm SURPRISE! Actually, I think absolute shock is more appropriate! This was me a week ago...happy at 36 weeks pregnant with not much happening. I thought for sure that I had at least 2 weeks left, if not four. I did, however, frantically run around town that day getting all the things I thought I needed to get just in case. Good thing I am a little neurotic and OCD because it paid off a few days later. I have had contractions on and off since I was 25 weeks pregnant or so. I never thought anything of them because they were so sporadic and fairly painless. Friday camearound and I noticed that I was having more contractions than usual. Grady was still moving about so I didn't worry much. Around 2:30pm that day I laid down because the contractions were coming on a little stronger and closer together. I called Scott to let him know and honestly, to see when he was coming home from work. Jackson was still napping and I wasn...

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil...

Joys and Sorrows

Ok,so I don't really know what to say. All I know is that writing is therapeutic for me and I think I need a little therapy right now. Where to begin? I guess with my doctor appointment. I went in for my routine 12 week check-up only to find out some grim news...the baby had no heartbeat and stopped developing at 10 weeks. No...this cannot be happening...again. There is just no way. God wouldn't allow this to happen again. Yet, it did. How am I feeling, you ask? Honestly, I don't really know. I am deeply saddened, angry,hurt, overwhelmed, fearful, determined, full of faith, lacking in faith, etc., etc. How should I be feeling? What should I do now? Do I sit and cry or do I go finish the errands I need to get done today? I am at a loss. What I do know is that less then a week ago I was experiencing such great joy. I watched my son enjoy the very things I loved as a child. I enjoyed time spent with my husband and with us as a family. I felt my toes in the sand, watched my fav...