"Just because someone has more followers than you doesn't mean they're better than you. Hitler had millions. Jesus had 12."
Funny how God works sometimes...well, all the time. I often forget that He knows my thoughts and ways before they even happen. I woke up this morning to my daily verse, devotion, and the quote above all saying the same thing. I, like you, have struggles. I, like many women, have insecurities. In this day and age where status has meaning and how many followers you have on whatever social media you fancy is important. I struggle. I say I don't but let's be real, subconsciously someone out there has convinced us this stuff matters.
I know I am only 35 (even thought I cannot believe it), but I have learned through my growing up that more friends or "followers" doesn't mean a more fulfilled life. Being invited to every event isn't the end-all-be-all. Being included in every play date isn't the most important thing. What matters is meaning; relationships and experiences that have deep and real meaning.
I don't need 873 friends on Facebook. I don't desire 592 followers on Instagram. What I long for is deep and meaningful relationships that last. Relationships that are messy and take work; where people stand by me and hold me up seeing me in my jammies hair a mess. I want laughter that is deep and so good that you cry. I want moments that stay with you for a lifetime. I don't want to prove my worth through followers, invitations, or having to gain my value and self-worth through the world's definition. I want to start with Jesus and work my way out from there.
I want to be in my eighties and look back fulfilled in the memories of the moments and people that made my life. What will matter at the end of the road is not Instagram followers and Facebook statuses. What will matter is how many lives you touched for Him who saves and how you loved. I am ready to love big and invest in those around me.
"Trust in the Lord ALWAYS, for the Lord God is the eternal rock." Isaiah 26:4
Blessings,
Megan
Grady Steven Fish 7lbs. 3oz. 19 1/2inches April 25, 2009 4:45pm SURPRISE! Actually, I think absolute shock is more appropriate! This was me a week ago...happy at 36 weeks pregnant with not much happening. I thought for sure that I had at least 2 weeks left, if not four. I did, however, frantically run around town that day getting all the things I thought I needed to get just in case. Good thing I am a little neurotic and OCD because it paid off a few days later. I have had contractions on and off since I was 25 weeks pregnant or so. I never thought anything of them because they were so sporadic and fairly painless. Friday camearound and I noticed that I was having more contractions than usual. Grady was still moving about so I didn't worry much. Around 2:30pm that day I laid down because the contractions were coming on a little stronger and closer together. I called Scott to let him know and honestly, to see when he was coming home from work. Jackson was still napping and I wasn...
Comments