Skip to main content

For Him

17 years ago I walked into the kitchen at Chevy's Mexican Restaurant crying over the break-up of my high school boyfriend and I. Little did I know I would walk right by my future husband. He a busser; me a hostess. I was a young 17 year old. He was fresh out of the military a clean shaven 23 year old. We would talk over the "chipper" by the hostess desk becoming fast friends. We began talking over the phone having those three hour long conversations talking much about nothing. Man, I miss those precious moments. I remember checking the schedule at work to find out this handsome man's last name. Fish. How could it be Fish. I knew in my heart at that moment I would one day take on that name. With that thought I wondered how I could become Mrs. Fish knowing I was going to teach elementary school. I also wondered how our children would fare. I cannot imagine carrying on with any other last name. I take pride in this name hoping I walk in grace with it. I am privileged to be a Fish and have three boys who get to carry on the legacy of this incredible family. The name stuck way back then and is exactly who I want to be today. It took us six years to figure things out for me to be honored with taking on his last name. Six years of growing, maturing, falling in love, getting those butterflies, breaking up, making up, discovering, connecting, realizing we wanted to make a life together. I was always in a hurry. He was willing and desiring to wait. I knew deep down slow and steady wins the race but I wanted him now; to be his wife and make a life. He always knows better though. I am forever grateful for that quality in him. The engagement was exactly who we are; simple yet extravagant in its romance and love. A simple meal at one of our favorite hang out spots looking out at the ocean. A sweet walk along the beach laughing at the large group of tourists that seemed to be following us ending at a life guard stand with him pouring his precious heart out to me. I have tears and chills reminescing about that moment. It was as if time stood still. The wedding day was one I will never forget. So much love and support surrounding us from our pastor and his wife to our bridal party to our family and friends. Everyone for us cheering on our union. I love that I am still so close to the girls in my wedding party. They have seen us through the journey of life together and that is precious to me. We struggled in the beginning paying off school and wedding debts amongst learning how to live as one. We had such sweet moments in our tiny 800 square foot apartment riding our bikes to the beach and both beginning our masters programs. A time I wanted to rush through but now wish I could go back to those moments when we would decide out of the blue to walk to the nearest wing stop to watch the game time not being an issue. The house and a baby came next uniting us even more filling my heart fuller than I ever thought possible. He proposed an adventure of a lifetime, moving halfway across the country, and because I trusted him and his plans for us so deeply I knew it was going to be good. Never did I imagine it would be this good. A move to Texas, two more babies, and another move to the "country" and here we stand. I love our marriage; so real and true. We are not perfect nor do we strive to be for we know perfection only comes in Heaven. However, we are a perfect mess loving, fighting, laughing, forgiving, honoring one another with our whole hearts and very beings. He is my everything. He is all those cheesy one liners you here in romance movies. My soul mate. Best friend. Lover. Companion. And yes, he completes me. I hold onto the verse, "Every good and perfect gift is from above." James 1:17. Scott, you are my good and perfect gift directly from Heaven straight to my heart. Thank you for being my everything. All My Love Through Eternity, Megxoxo Thank goodness I have tissues by my computer because now I am crying. Lol.

Comments

Maria said…
LOVED this!!!! Love you guys so much!! Have a wonderful anniversary!!
Brandi said…
I love this!!!!
Jen Panella said…
Love this Megan :) Crazy how Chevy's gave lifelong friendships to many of us!

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.