Skip to main content

Oh Yes, I Went There

"Knowing their thoughts, he said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand." Matthew 12:25 I NEVER talk about politics. Religion? I will go there, but for some reason I steer clear of anything political. Politics stirs so much up inside people and it gets ugly. We turn off our ears and stop listening to one another. We fight for democracy but really want everyone to believe and follow our ways...I mean, our ways are the right ways, right??? I've been stewing over the political feeds I read whether from the media, "trusted" news sources, and friends and one thought keeps flowing through my mind, " I am SO thankful that I know and understand that I really don't answer to this man-made government. I answer to God." I am not saying that I betroth everything our government does or says and live in some bunker somewhere. Not at all. I respect the authority our government holds and the position it is in. I respect our president no matter who he is whether or not I agree with him. I will always respect the position of presidency. I will teach my boys to respect the authorities in their life. Always. I would not want to live anywhere else. We live padded lives even though we complain much about them. We are lucky. We are blessed. We are free. As I was pining over verses looking for just the right one to say just the right thing for that perfect Facebook status, I found the verse above. It struck me to the core. I promise I was looking for something positive and uplifting but this stood out to me as if it was highlighted in bright yellow and written in bold capital letters. This verse prompted me to ask, "Why don't we listen to God?" Maybe if we started to listen to God we'd be more apt to listen to one another. There's a challenge for all of us: listen. Maybe I like justice to much. Call me a rule follower, I don't care. I desire respect, respect at it's core pure form. We don't respect our leadership. Heck, we don't respect each other; even members of our own family. With all this mumbo-jumbo nonsense going on in a world my boys are growing up in I get discouraged and then I get into battle mode. My boys will learn this, "He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly[a] with your God." Micah 6:8 (emphasis mine) We will listen to one another. EVERYONE will be heard even if, lo-and-behold, we don't agree with each other. We will love one another and be merciful even when we doubt each other and fight. We will respect one another and each other's opinions even if we don't agree...and yes, this even means I will love and respect my boys even if they tell me they don't believe in God (as gut-wrenching as that is to me). Because you know what? My God is greater. My God is bigger. My God is in control even when everything is in disarray. Friends, we are divided. We are against ourselves. All because we refuse to listen. We refuse to let down the pride and maybe, just maybe, hear someone else's side. When we listen to one another we grow. When we grow, great and mighty things happen. We did not become this great nation because everyone got along all the time. We need to push and pull on one another so that the truest form of humanity can arise. We need to listen to our God because I have a feeling, He just may be right on a few things;) Love & Blessings, Megan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.