Skip to main content

Trend

My mind is boggled down with topics. I think in terms of chapters and I have many ready and waiting to be written. I have one "chapter" I have been putting off for weeks to write but this one, for some reason, took precedence. I feel like it is imperative for us to talk about this especially in the present time and world we live. So, here I go... Our pastor's daughter wrote a song about the believer and the church. It talks about losing our pride and gaining more of Him; longing for Him to move mightily in our lives; to move in such a way that the world is shaken for Christ. One part of the song talks about the church and sings, "We will rise" repeatedly. I began thinking about my experience in the church for the past 21 years and whether or not the church is "rising." Are we, as believers, rising for Christ? Are we living in such a way that the world is turned inside out for Him? Are our lives so changed that we do not have to speak His name but His presence can be seen and felt through our lives? Church, sadly, I think we are failing. Church and Christianity are not trends to follow or a cultural lifestyle. Church is not place to be seen by a pastor showing that we are good people who do good churchy things. Church is not a place to find the best most popular group to try and fit into so we feel we belong. Christianity is not a game nor a trend or a Facebook status. Right now, proclaiming a conservative lifestyle and saying you are a Christian as trendy as clean eating and holistic medicine. However, I do not feel that is the way God envisioned our faith when He sent His Son in our place. "But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Matthew 7:14 The Word tells us that the road to Jesus, to Heaven, is small and few find it. I believe ALL are given the opportunity to find, believe, and receive salvation but it's what we do with it that matters. Do our lives change? Or, do we accept salvation and continue on our merry way? Do we have a deep longing and desire to become more like Him and less like the sin of the world? Can people see a change in us? Not perfection, but a real change that exclaims the life of Jesus and his desires? Are we rising or following a trend? "Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4 Many interrupt this verse to mean that if we pray hard enough, live faithfully (in terms of how we think), go to church, and serve He will give us whatever our little hearts desire. I see this verse differently and think it pertains to this very topic. The more we delight in our Savior the more our desires become His desires. We are changed as we draw closer to Him making His desires our desires and giving us an understanding that His ways are SO much better than ours. Friends, we live in a world of trends. A world where "What's trending today" is a top news story. Jesus isn't a trend to follow but a complete life transformation that should radiate outward drawing others to Him. "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things become new."2 Corinthians 5:17 Become a new creations. He is inviting you to change; a change like you have never experienced before and so awesomely wonderful that you cannot contain it and have to share His love and radiance. Don't make Jesus just another trend in your life. I will sacrifice being known as the rule follower or prude or whatever else they want to call me for the sake of living for my Savior and living a life changed. I will love when no one else wants to love. I will not be perfect until Heaven but will work toward being more like Jesus everyday of my life taking ownership of my sin and growing in my faith. I will stand firm on the one who saved. Accept His love and tremendous life He has for you by letting go of the standards of this world that will never fulfill you and hold onto the One who made you and wants to give you an extraordinary life. "Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother’s womb. I thank you, High God—you’re breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration—what a creation! You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something. Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, The days of my life all prepared before I’d even lived one day." Psalm 139:13-14 Love & Blessings, Megan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.