Skip to main content

Audacious

Man alive, it's been quite a week. Well, last week was quite a week. Today was just a day. Interesting how things get murky and difficult when you decide to step out.

Before the new year, I tried to find a new word for myself. I wanted something to proclaim going into 2016 but I came up blank. I had nothing. Nada. The year was starting out in a boring slump. And then I began to listen to a book on audio (I was going to say tape but then I would have aged myself). This book talks about having audacious faith. Ah. There it is. My word: AUDACIOUS.

I would like to think I am a pretty resilient person. Knock me down and I will get back up. Tell me I can't do something and I will try my hardest to prove you wrong. But sometimes I get tired and I don't want to get back up. I am worn out and ragged and have nothing more to give and then I hear this word.

Audacious: showing a willingness to take surprisingly bold risks.

It's time; time for me to be a risk taker. Time for me to step out of my cozy, comfy, protected world into the unknown. I need to lay the overwhelmed insecure girl aside and pick up the audaciousness that dwells deep inside.

I recently made a bold move. Nothing seen by many on the outside world but something seen and felt so deeply inside of me that it terrified me and excited me all in the same breath. The moment I took that leap of faith, BAM, I was hit. Life felt like a ton of bricks buried me. I felt a weightiness like never before. That getting back up thing and proving others wrong became tedious and unattainable. Yet, somehow I placed one foot in front of the other and kept moving.

I wanted that audacity even more. The fire rose up and burned inside me. I needed, I need, to press on moving boldly in my faith. The more I say yes to this audaciousness, the more I will get knocked down by the waves of life. I am ready. I may be tired, but I am armed and ready. Bring it.

I would rather live a life of audacious faith than a life of kind of. I want to get to the end of the road out of breath not able to move. I don't want to be scared out of my faith. I don't want to take a risk for the sake of Christ because of something that might be. I want to be willing to take bold risks for God.

2016 is the year this girl who likes to live in the safe zone is stepping out. I want to be like Moses who led a group of doubters through the desert. I want to be like Joseph who knew God had a grander plan for his life beyond the 13 years he spent falsely imprisoned. I want to be like David. That guy who made some royal mistakes but was known as a man after God's own heart. I want to be like Abraham who believed God would increase his lineage so vastly that it would outnumber the stars in the sky even though he didn't have his first born son until he was well passed his prime. I want to be like Esther willing to stand up for God knowing that her fate could very well be death.

I want to live an audacious faith. I don't want to give up when things get rough. I don't want to cower when I am pressed. When God says, "go," I want to go. Period.

Audacious. Sounds good. Really really good.

Love & Blessings,
Meg


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.