Skip to main content

Consistency in Chaos

There are things I know about Christianity. I just know. They are things I have taken in over the years, learned, and begun to understand. Sometimes, however, they sit in my head and get stuck there. I know these things, I know them to be true, but, they don't always make it to my heart. While I know them, they don't become a part of me; I don't let them reassure me.

In my quiet time today, I read the following: "You can feel secure, even in the midst of cataclysmic changes, through awareness of My continual Presence. The One who never leaves you is the same One who never changes: I am the same yesterday, today, and forever." Jesus Calling

The moment I read that statement, consistency in chaos resonated in my brain. I know God is never-changing. I know that I know that I know. Just as I know the sun will rise each day, I know God never changes. I also know that there is peace in that knowledge. There is power and victory in knowing that God never changes. He is my security.

But, if I am being honest with myself, when this world gets all up in arms, when catastrophe strikes, I do not rest in knowing that He is constant. I fret and worry even though I pray. I wonder and hold ever so tightly to the things I cannot control because I think that is what brings me peace. I do not rest in His consistency.

"Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O Lord. They rejoice in your name all day long; they exult in your righteousness." Psalm 89:15-16

I want to acclaim Him when I am in distress. I want to exult Him when the world has seemingly gone mad. I want to rest in His unchanging nature.

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." Hebrews 13:8

There's something so very peaceful about knowing we have a God who is unchanging. We can rest in the knowledge that no matter what life throws our way whether a natural disaster, terrorism, a bad health report, a bad day at work, or kids who are driving you mad, He is steady. His mercy doesn't change just because we fail. His provision doesn't leave us when our political race seems like a mine field ready to explode. His peace doesn't stop when catastrophe strikes. His love doesn't dissolve when hate is spewed. No. He is steadfast; unchanging.

I have moved my knowledge of God's unchanging nature from the grips of my mind to the softness of my heart. I am reassured every moment of every day that everything is going to be okay. I have a future and a hope in my steady God even though the world has lost its mind. There is still goodness and grace and love and peace. He is my consistency in the chaos.

Love & Blessings,
Meg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.