Skip to main content

Faking It

I am often told that I always have a smile on my face. People tell me that I seem to be full of joy more often than not. With the exception of a guy a dated a loooooong time ago who told me I looked angry when I drive (which I do not know how that could be since I am usually singing like I just won American Idol and who can possibly look angry when they are singing, but whatever), people often ask how I am so happy. This got me thinking: am I always happy or am I faking it?

It is true that I carry a smile on my face more often than a frown. I don't do this to be fake or pretend that everything is always good and right and kumbaya. I can smile through the trials because I have a different perspective. You see, many of us celebrate Good Friday and Easter and then wait until next year to celebrate again. I live Good Friday and Easter everyday. I can smile when things are tough because I know Sunday is coming. I can have joy when I am experiencing a Good Friday moment because I know the victory of Sunday. My perspective in the midst of my pain produces my joy.

I can have turmoil boiling up inside me and still smile because I have hope in the One who is victorious. I know that no matter what life throws my way, Sunday is coming and that brings me peace. This doesn't mean that I am never sad, that I don't cry, that I never throw a fit, or never have a nervous break down. I experience all those things and am a highly emotional individual. I just know in the depths of my soul that whatever I am going through will pass and I will overcome because I have Jesus. If He can conquer the grave, surely I can make it through the pain.

So, the next time you see me smiling find comfort in knowing that the smile is a result of the victory that was found in a Sunday long ago.

"A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus’ lips. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit." John 19:29-30

He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’ ” Luke 24:6-7

Love & Blessings,
Meg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.