Skip to main content

Everyone Needs A Judas

'While he was still speaking a crowd came up, and the man who was called Judas, one of the Twelve, was leading them. He approached Jesus to kiss him, but Jesus asked him, “Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?”' Luke 22:47-48

Judas. Ah, probably the most well-known traitor's of all time. Sealed with a kiss, Judas locked in his fate and the fate of his friend. Both lives forever changed. History written in blood.

We all need a Judas.

I was listening to a podcast during the workout and the pastor said something that made me stop mid-row. He talked about how Jesus needed a Judas just as much as he needed a John. Without Judas, we wouldn't have the cross. Without a man betraying a friend, we wouldn't have the sacrifice. Jesus needed Judas. And so did we.

We all have had a Judas in our life. We have all experienced that person who has betrayed us in some form or fashion. We've been hurt by someone we thought cared. We've been deceived by someone in whom we have placed our trust.

Without the Judas in our lives, we wouldn't experience the cross: the death and resurrection that comes in relationship with others. We need to experience a Judas so we may feel our need for the cross. Without betrayal, there is no grace. Without pain, there is no sacrifice.

The Judas in our life teaches us how to do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly (Micah 6:8) with God and with those he places in our lives. Those friends who betray us with a kiss, in a way that is so intimate, teach us about sacrifice, pain, love, and grace. They show us our need to be pushed towards something else; maybe even something greater. If Jesus didn't have Judas, we wouldn't have the cross. Jesus needed Judas in order for the sacrifice to happen; in order for it to truly be finished (John 19:30). Sometimes we need a Judas in our lives to push us towards our cross.

Don't denounce the Judas in your life. Know that there is purpose for that relationship; that grace resides in the space moving you towards a greater place.

We all need a Judas.

"When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit." John 19:30

Love & Blessings,
Meg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grady's Story

Grady Steven Fish 7lbs. 3oz. 19 1/2inches April 25, 2009 4:45pm SURPRISE! Actually, I think absolute shock is more appropriate! This was me a week ago...happy at 36 weeks pregnant with not much happening. I thought for sure that I had at least 2 weeks left, if not four. I did, however, frantically run around town that day getting all the things I thought I needed to get just in case. Good thing I am a little neurotic and OCD because it paid off a few days later. I have had contractions on and off since I was 25 weeks pregnant or so. I never thought anything of them because they were so sporadic and fairly painless. Friday camearound and I noticed that I was having more contractions than usual. Grady was still moving about so I didn't worry much. Around 2:30pm that day I laid down because the contractions were coming on a little stronger and closer together. I called Scott to let him know and honestly, to see when he was coming home from work. Jackson was still napping and I wasn...

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil...

Joys and Sorrows

Ok,so I don't really know what to say. All I know is that writing is therapeutic for me and I think I need a little therapy right now. Where to begin? I guess with my doctor appointment. I went in for my routine 12 week check-up only to find out some grim news...the baby had no heartbeat and stopped developing at 10 weeks. No...this cannot be happening...again. There is just no way. God wouldn't allow this to happen again. Yet, it did. How am I feeling, you ask? Honestly, I don't really know. I am deeply saddened, angry,hurt, overwhelmed, fearful, determined, full of faith, lacking in faith, etc., etc. How should I be feeling? What should I do now? Do I sit and cry or do I go finish the errands I need to get done today? I am at a loss. What I do know is that less then a week ago I was experiencing such great joy. I watched my son enjoy the very things I loved as a child. I enjoyed time spent with my husband and with us as a family. I felt my toes in the sand, watched my fav...