Skip to main content

Who Runs the World? Girls.

Bathsheba: David's mistress turned wife
Deborah: Judge and Prophetess
Dinah: Daughter of Jacob
Elisabeth: Mother of John the Baptist
Eve: The very first woman
Leah: Jacob's wife
Lois: Timothy's grandmother
Lydia: First Christian Convert
Mary: Mother of Jesus
Mary & Martha: Served Jesus
Mary Magdalene: Disciple of Jesus
Miriam: Sister to Aaron and Moses; Prophetess
Naomi: A Woman of Noble Character
Phoebe: Deaconness of the Church
Priscilla: Missionary
Rebekah: Wife of Isaac; mother of Jacob & Esau
Ruth: Left her life to be with her newly widowed mother-in-law; wife to Boaz
The Woman at the Well: First Missionary

This may just look like a list of names. The list could extend the entire page. There is a story behind each one of these women. A story of value, perseverance, and meaning. A story that was written and propelled by God. These are some of the women of the Bible.

I was raised to be a strong woman. I didn't grow up in a feminist household. However, I was never told I couldn't do something because I was a girl. I was a tomboy as a kid and felt I could do anything and be anyone I wanted. The only limitations in my life were the ones I set for myself. I do realize, though, that many women did not have this upbringing nor do they feel this empowerment.

I was first introduced to the Christian church in high school. The church I attended had, like many churches, a male pastor. Our youth group was led by a man but his wife was just as involved. We also had women leaders that were equal with the males. Then came college. I attended a different denomination and women had different roles. No longer were women equal. Instead, they could only serve in certain areas of leadership. For some reason, in that season, I didn't see this as limiting. I went about my merry little way being who I was with no reservations.

I gave you this list of women so that you will see that you matter. You have a place in the Church; His church. God used women over and over again throughout Scripture. He did not hesitate to use a woman to expand the Kingdom. Women had/have just as much value to God as men. Period.

Ladies, the church is just as much yours as it is any mans. You have just as much of a place to lead and guide people to Jesus as a man does. God did so much, SO MUCH, through women. Women were missionaries, disciples, prophets, judges, and leaders for the sake of the Gospel. You are, too. Just because your church does not allow you to serve in a certain capacity does not limit the God (who created you, by the way) to use you for His glory.

Do not ever underestimate your value and worth especially when it comes to the Kingdom of God. You very much have a place in this story and God will and is using YOU. God did not create Eve just to hang out and make dinner. He had a place for her just as much as he had a place for Adam.

So, serve him. In your home, at your workplace, in the grocery store, and at Starbucks. Serve the God you love so much without reservation. The Church needs you!

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. Genesis 1:27

Love & Blessings,
Meg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.