Skip to main content

Tis the Season Tuesday





Okay, so I will start with the good stuff...we decorated our house for Christmas (with my mom's help) and it looks beautiful! The Christmas tree that we picked up at the farm is the best tree I have ever had! Unfortunately we couldn't put Christmas lights up on our house. Our roof is too steep for Scott to do it and the lighting companies were pretty booked when we finally checked into getting them done. So, we have our lonely lighted reindeer and three lighted Christmas trees outside this year. We will be more on top of things next year making our Christmas light reservation in August (I know, crazy right?!).


Onto the other half of my ranting. Today was Christmas picture day for Jackson. I took him to MyGym this morning hoping that allowing him to play first would help him do well while taking pictures. I have never struggled with him to get his picture taken. He's always been pretty good except for wanting to move out of the shot from time-to-time. Well, today was another story. He flipped out wanting NOTHING to do with getting his picture taken! We tried everything; singing, playing, giving him toys, bribing him with candy, you name it. Still, nothing worked. So, I left Sears sweaty with high blood pressure. Of course, he was fine once we left. We went about our day with our friends, Aunt Bre, Gavin, and Eli.
After lunch Bre and I had the terrific idea of letting the kids see Santa and get their picture taken. Yes, we are insane. The boys had just eaten lunch and were in good moods so we thought, "why not?". While standing in line (which was very short), the boys were excited to see Santa. However, once we got up there Jack gripped onto me so tight. But, I thought I'd torture myself just a bit more and set him on Santa's lap. BIG mistake. He cried and cried. I should've taken Santa's advice when he told me that he knew Jackson was not going to have any part of this. "But", I thought, "what does Santa know?" Of course I ordered the picture of Jackson crying on Santa's lap. I figured he tortured me for the day now I will torture him for the rest of his life with his picture with Santa in which he is crying. I now have the picture sitting on my counter so that I may be reminded of my insanity and that life with a toddler is always unpredictable!























Comments

Anonymous said…
Poor megs... Actually, poor Jackson! His mother is so toturous!

Popular posts from this blog

Grady's Story

Grady Steven Fish 7lbs. 3oz. 19 1/2inches April 25, 2009 4:45pm SURPRISE! Actually, I think absolute shock is more appropriate! This was me a week ago...happy at 36 weeks pregnant with not much happening. I thought for sure that I had at least 2 weeks left, if not four. I did, however, frantically run around town that day getting all the things I thought I needed to get just in case. Good thing I am a little neurotic and OCD because it paid off a few days later. I have had contractions on and off since I was 25 weeks pregnant or so. I never thought anything of them because they were so sporadic and fairly painless. Friday camearound and I noticed that I was having more contractions than usual. Grady was still moving about so I didn't worry much. Around 2:30pm that day I laid down because the contractions were coming on a little stronger and closer together. I called Scott to let him know and honestly, to see when he was coming home from work. Jackson was still napping and I wasn...

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil...

Joys and Sorrows

Ok,so I don't really know what to say. All I know is that writing is therapeutic for me and I think I need a little therapy right now. Where to begin? I guess with my doctor appointment. I went in for my routine 12 week check-up only to find out some grim news...the baby had no heartbeat and stopped developing at 10 weeks. No...this cannot be happening...again. There is just no way. God wouldn't allow this to happen again. Yet, it did. How am I feeling, you ask? Honestly, I don't really know. I am deeply saddened, angry,hurt, overwhelmed, fearful, determined, full of faith, lacking in faith, etc., etc. How should I be feeling? What should I do now? Do I sit and cry or do I go finish the errands I need to get done today? I am at a loss. What I do know is that less then a week ago I was experiencing such great joy. I watched my son enjoy the very things I loved as a child. I enjoyed time spent with my husband and with us as a family. I felt my toes in the sand, watched my fav...