Skip to main content

Thursday Thirteen

As Scott and I endure the most difficult trial of our lives, I can't help but be grateful. Admist the pain and tears there are so many good, I mean great, things in our lives. As I was tossing and turning in the middle of the night, I began praying and thanking God for the many blessings He has bestowed upon our lives. He is so good even in the midst of pain. I would like to share thirteen of the thousands of things I am grateful for.

1. God: my Deliverer, my strength, my redemption, my friend
2. My faith; without which I would be completely lost.
3. My husband: He has been my rock and best friend for the past 12 years. I fall more deeply in love with him everyday.
4. Jackson: Oh my sweet baby boy! What on earth would I do without my little angel sent from Heaven. I am so thankful for the smile he brings to my face each day no matter what I have faced.
5. My family: Their unconditional love and support in my life has made me the person I am today and I couldn't be more proud. Thank you, family, for always loving and supporting me NO MATTER WHAT!
6. My friends: Through this trial I have realized how much and how many people love and care for me. Oh my dear dear friends, you mean more to me than you will EVER know!!!!! You bless me everyday and I DO NOT thank you enough!
7. Trials: As much as I hate going through them, I learn how to be a stronger better person and I am so very grateful for that!
8. Hope: "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jer. 29:11
9. Strength: "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13
10. I am alive: I think I take this for granted. I don't truly appreciate the time I have here on earth nor do I appreciate the people around me. I need to work on this.
11. My life: I could not have written my life story any better. Thank You, God for writing such a perfect journey for my life!
12. I am incomplete: I love that I have so much more to learn and experience!
13. I can press on: "But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phil. 3:13b-14


I know we will get through this trial. I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel; happiness to be found once again. Right now I am holding on to my faith, family, and friends for dear life because this is a wild ride! Thank you to all who have shared in our joys and sorrows. I thank God everyday for each and everyone of you! Ironically, I read the through the book of Philipians about a month ago for the millionth time not knowing how God would use His Word in my life. This book is about having joy regardless of your circumstances. I think I can truly appreciate and understand the theme of this book now. I taped the following verses to my bathroom mirror about a month ago and they really hit home yesterday...

"I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Phil. 4:10-13

Comments

Shannon said…
Megan - I don't know what you're going through, but please know that you and your family are in our prayers. I am so sorry that your heart is breaking right now, but you're right, keep leaning on the strength that you can only find in God. Love ya!
Breanne said…
My sweet Meggie. I know that right now you and Scott are going through emotions that I cannot fully grasp, but know that the Lord is with you every step. He is holding the two of you very tight and dear to His heart and his plans for your family are great. Mike, Gavin, Elijah and I all love all of you very much. You two have stood by us through the hardest trials that we have ever faced. You were amazing friends and you loved us, supported us, prayed for us and you gave us hope when things seemed hopeless. I remember facing these trials feeling alone and wondering how I could ever be the friend to you that you have been for us. But now is that time. Now is the time that we are here for you, whether it is to hold your hand why you cry, pray for you, distract you with my crazy kids =). We are here for your family and know that you are our family and there isnt anything that we wouldnt do for you. I will be praying for peace for you and Scott's hearts and minds.
With Love
The Bullards
Whitney said…
I am so very sorry you are going through this. I know we only met this summer, but I feel like we have been friends forever. My heart breaks for you and I hope that knowing that you have so many friends and family that care about you brings you comfort. Your blog is so true; you do have so much to be grateful for!! You have many blessings and I hope with time that your broken heart starts to heal. We love you and are here for you!

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.