Skip to main content

Peace be with you

Peace...we all talk about it. World peace, peace in our lives, being peaceful to one another, peace in the stillness. But have you ever felt it; true inner peace? I have. I did. Yesterday. I was very nervous to go in for my procedure; nervous about what it would feel like, what being put under would be like, how I'd feel after. However, I had this overwhelming calm about me all day. I was okay. I felt like I could do this; I would survive. And sure enough, I did.

I cannot attribute this peace to me and my strength. This peace was divine; beyond me and this life. It was better than any peace I have ever experienced. This peace came from you; from you praying for me and God granting me peace in honor of your prayers. I was actually okay. I was okay with being put under and going through a procedure in which one moment I was pregnant and the next I was not. I wasn't crying uncontrollably or trying to escape the hospital like I had thought. I smiled and felt such a sense of calm that I had joy. Yes, joy. Joy in knowing how loved I am and what I would wake up too. Joy in knowing that there is so much more to this life then this speck in the road. More beauty for my eyes to see, more laughter for my lips to taste, more life for me to breath in.

Yes, I am extremely sad. I feel a sense of sadness so deep that it is unexplainable. I long to cradle another precious baby in my arms again. However, the sadness is outweighed by the overwhelming calm in knowing that I, we, will be alright. No matter the outcome, we will be better than okay. God is near. He is here walking us through this. He never left our side. He was there when this life was created, as it developed, and as it slipped away. He is present in the aftermath. Just watch my son as he smiles, you will find Him.

He promises that He will go above and beyond what I can only imagine. "Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us..." Eph. 3:20. I know that no matter what happens tomorrow, next month, next year He is going to do great things in my life; things that I cannot even fathom. This is my hope. He is my hope. His grace sustains me. I will get to a place of pure healing. It will take time, sweat, and tears but I will get there. I will pray. I need you to pray. For the battle ahead is not easy. I need peace. I need strength. I need hope. I need grace. I need Him. Please pray for us as we continue to heal as your prayers have already been felt with such power. Our prayer is that the Lord blesses you a hundred-fold for praying for our family. May you experience a peace that is unexplainable and joy that is uncontainable.

Blessings,
The Fish Fam

Comments

Rachel said…
This post is so touching, Megan. Reading this gives me a sense of peace and faith that can be hard to hold onto sometimes. Take care of yourself and give your sweet boy a squeeze. Despite these "bumps" along the road, you are truly blessed. You survived and you will continue to survive with immense strength. Hugs!
Romberg Family said…
Your strength amazes me!!! You are truly an inspiration to me!! Please know i am constantly thinking and praying for you. Hope to see you guys soon!
GioMitchTrev said…
You are such an inspiration to me. You are such a strong young woman. God truly will continue to bless you!
Becca said…
I can't express how touching this post was for me. I hope you know that we will be keeping you all in our prayers.

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.