Skip to main content

Tomorrow...

Well, tomorrow is gaining on me quickly even though it feels light years away. Our appointment for genetic counseling is tomorrow at 10am Texas time. Everything in my being is telling me, "Don't go don't go" but then there's that tiny logical sense that kicks in and says, "you have to go."

I've actually had more peace today than I have all week. I guess I just realize that I cannot control the outcome anymore and have given up. I'm tired; exhausted. I realize that, although I make choices, whatever will be will be. If God ordains it, then it is good. So, whatever happens tomorrow will be good. I have a feeling this appointment is going to be a really positive experience. I don't know what will come of it or what we will be told but I just have a peace about it. However, if you see me at 9:59am tomorrow morning you might catch a girl with sweaty palms, a racing heart that feels like it is going to explode, and a stomach that is doing back flips. But I will be comforted in knowing that HE is in control!

Words cannot express how grateful I am to all of you for your calls, emails, kind thoughts, and most of all, prayers. I think I would've stayed in my pj's in bed all week if it wasn't for all of you. Seriously! I wish I could do something to repay what you have done for me, Scott, and Jackson. As I thank you with much gratitude I come to you humbly asking for prayer tomorrow morning. You'd think I'd want you to pray for the news that we can successfully have another baby. Although this is my dream, I desire to be smack-dab in the middle of the Lord's will regardless of what it is. So, my prayer request is that His will be known to us. That we may abide in Him and whatever He calls us to do. I ask that you pray for a great peace to wash over Scott and I as we enter the doctor's office. Pray that our thoughts are clear so that we may ask wise questions. Pray that His presence may be known and felt to both Scott and I. I desire to see Him tomorrow and truly feel I will. Your prayers humble me, while at the same time, empower me. Pray knowing and believing that He hears you and He is good!

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:6-7

Comments

Whitney said…
We will be praying for you :)
Anonymous said…
Just remember that no matter what they say (1) God is still God. Science may change but God is just as consistent now as he was 2000 years ago and it is the same!

If they tell you the worst case scenario that does not mean that God can not perform miracles. I have 2 boys with birth defects (Bi Lateral Cleft Lip and Palate), when I was pregnant both times I was told by the Geneticist that according to their standards I should abort (both times there tests were wrong)! If you want more details email me or leave a message on my blog with your email and I will share. I had many and still have opportunities to witness about My Saviour to the Geneticists.

I will be praying for peace for you and that you are able to handle whatever the news they have for you.

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.