Skip to main content

Tuesday Toddler Tales



I don't know what to write. I am tired, sad, overwhelmed. However, I sit here with a pirate hat on because my beautiful son wants me to play pirates with him. He is yelling "argh" to me luring me to play. He will not allow me to stay sad for very long. For that, I am humbly grateful.

My Precious Jackson,

The Lord gave a perfect and precious gift to your daddy and I. You arrived in this world at 6:13pm on May 30, 2006 in Fullerton, California at the hospital your mommy was born; a day I will cherish forever. Your eyes were captivating from the moment you opened them. Your smile contagious. You bring so much joy to so many lives, including mine everyday. I love watching you. You astound me! Your cute little cheeks poof out and your lips plump up when you are in deep concentration. You scream, "I love you, daddy," as he walks out the door for work knowing that your play-partner will be home soon to make you laugh. You adore and admire your daddy. This brings pure joy to my heart. I have never seen your daddy love something as much as he loves you. I am blessed. I love that no matter what the day holds, I can always count on you to bring a smile to my face and make me laugh. The things you say are amazingly wonderful and make me giggle. I LOVE that you tell me you have "cute bunners" all the time. You must've heard mommy say that a lot! I love that you like to click-clock in my heals on the wood floor around our house. There are too many things that I love about you to list them all here. Know that everyday that I wake up I know that I am going to be blessed BEYOND all I can ask or imagine because I get to look into your perfect little face. When people say that the Lord is good I can agree and believe; all I have to do is look at you. I am richly blessed and beyond proud to be your mommy. I feel God has given me a high calling to raise you. I am humbled. Thank you for being my son; for bringing me joy each and everyday. I cherish our time together. May God bless your little life abundantly!

All My Love Eternally,
Mommy



Comments

Anonymous said…
Megan,
Thank you so much for allowing "Grandma Kathy & Grandpa Kirk" to share in Jackson's life. You are a gift to me Megan and to our family, you always have been and now with your family it is an added blessing.
The Lord is good is Mercy and Love is new everyday. I know he has such great plans for you ahead because of your faithfulness.
Know that if you need a visit to Cali again I will love you feed, feed and feed you and love you more. My arms are always wrapped around you in prayer and in love even if I am not physically there. I know it is so hard to feel God is in control sometimes but he is and we will be amazed at the plans he has for us. I love you Kathy
Romberg Family said…
Jackson is also blessed to have such a wonderful and loving mommy!!
Anonymous said…
I love this post.
:) sniff....
missy said…
Perfectly written! Jackson will read this one day and truly feel your love and know how extremely proud you are of him. I know life doesn't always happen the way we would like, but always, ALWAYS remember how truly blessed we are to be the mommies of such beautiful little boys. They are our LIFE and if God wants us to share our love with another child, HE will make it happen. Bless you!

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.