Skip to main content

Monday Musings~Oh Praise Him!

"The Lord is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation. He is my God and I will praise Him, my father's God, and I will exalt Him." Exodus 15:2

"He is your praise; He is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes." Deut. 10:21

"I will proclaim the name of our Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our Lord." Deut. 32:3

"The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God, the Rock, my Savior!" 2 Sam. 22:47

"Now, our God, we give You thanks, and praise Your glorious name." 1Chron. 29:13

"Praise be to the Lord, for He heard my cry for mercy." Psalm 28:6

"My tongue will speak of Your righteousness and Your praises all day long." Psalm 35:28

"Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me." Psalm 66:20

I can do this all day-look up verses on praising God. He has been, IS, so good to me. These verses get me excited. I want to praise Him...ALWAYS, no matter the circumtance. I have been working on praising Him regardless of what life throws at me for over a year now. Although hardships still come my way and there continue to be trials I am to face, I have found that life is just better when I praise Him. I am relieved, comforted, at peace, and most importantly, experience His grace and mercy as I praise Him. Praising Him is like the saying, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." Have you praised Him yet today? Even if your life seems in shambles theres still room to praise. So, what are you waiting for? Get up and praise Him! Shout victory in His name! I promise you'll feel better!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grady's Story

Grady Steven Fish 7lbs. 3oz. 19 1/2inches April 25, 2009 4:45pm SURPRISE! Actually, I think absolute shock is more appropriate! This was me a week ago...happy at 36 weeks pregnant with not much happening. I thought for sure that I had at least 2 weeks left, if not four. I did, however, frantically run around town that day getting all the things I thought I needed to get just in case. Good thing I am a little neurotic and OCD because it paid off a few days later. I have had contractions on and off since I was 25 weeks pregnant or so. I never thought anything of them because they were so sporadic and fairly painless. Friday camearound and I noticed that I was having more contractions than usual. Grady was still moving about so I didn't worry much. Around 2:30pm that day I laid down because the contractions were coming on a little stronger and closer together. I called Scott to let him know and honestly, to see when he was coming home from work. Jackson was still napping and I wasn...

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil...

Joys and Sorrows

Ok,so I don't really know what to say. All I know is that writing is therapeutic for me and I think I need a little therapy right now. Where to begin? I guess with my doctor appointment. I went in for my routine 12 week check-up only to find out some grim news...the baby had no heartbeat and stopped developing at 10 weeks. No...this cannot be happening...again. There is just no way. God wouldn't allow this to happen again. Yet, it did. How am I feeling, you ask? Honestly, I don't really know. I am deeply saddened, angry,hurt, overwhelmed, fearful, determined, full of faith, lacking in faith, etc., etc. How should I be feeling? What should I do now? Do I sit and cry or do I go finish the errands I need to get done today? I am at a loss. What I do know is that less then a week ago I was experiencing such great joy. I watched my son enjoy the very things I loved as a child. I enjoyed time spent with my husband and with us as a family. I felt my toes in the sand, watched my fav...