Skip to main content

Monday Musings~Taking a Time Out

I am not one to rest. I like to overexert myself to the point of exhaustion. I always carry too much in my hands, rush to get things done, work too hard, etc, etc. It's just my personality. Many times I don't know when or how to stop. Well, I have been stopped dead in my tracks forced to rest taking all my "control" away. I have to rest. If I don't, my body won't heal and I can do further damage to this little angel. Sometimes, though, I will sneak in a little "non-resting" activity.

God knows me too well, however! He knows that I need a swift kick sometimes...most of the time. So, in order to force me to rest He has made me quite nauseous and extremely tired this pregnancy. I mean, I can wake up in the morning and go back to bed an hour later tired! My pregnancy with Jackson was a breeze! I joked that I would have a litter because I loved my pregnancy and delivery so much! Now I'm not so sure about that litter. I can look back, though, and see that for that season of my life I needed an "easy" pregnancy. I had a tough class and had just moved from teaching kindergarten to sixth grade. This time around I have time to rest and need to take care of my body and this new baby.

With that being said, I have learned a valuable lesson. Isn't it like God to always be teaching us something:) Rest is a good thing. He even commands it. God even rested. "For in the sixth day the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but He rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy." Exodus 20:11 I have found that in my time of rest I found Him; see Him more clearly. Because I stop doing all the mundane day-to-day things for a little while, I get to read a little more about Him or pray a little longer. Rest has not been easy for me and it's only been a little over a week. However, I have learned to appreciate and enjoy my rest knowing that one day when I am old and gray I will be thankful that I rested and did not let life rush me by.

"Be still and know that I am God..." Psalm 46:10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grady's Story

Grady Steven Fish 7lbs. 3oz. 19 1/2inches April 25, 2009 4:45pm SURPRISE! Actually, I think absolute shock is more appropriate! This was me a week ago...happy at 36 weeks pregnant with not much happening. I thought for sure that I had at least 2 weeks left, if not four. I did, however, frantically run around town that day getting all the things I thought I needed to get just in case. Good thing I am a little neurotic and OCD because it paid off a few days later. I have had contractions on and off since I was 25 weeks pregnant or so. I never thought anything of them because they were so sporadic and fairly painless. Friday camearound and I noticed that I was having more contractions than usual. Grady was still moving about so I didn't worry much. Around 2:30pm that day I laid down because the contractions were coming on a little stronger and closer together. I called Scott to let him know and honestly, to see when he was coming home from work. Jackson was still napping and I wasn...

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil...

Joys and Sorrows

Ok,so I don't really know what to say. All I know is that writing is therapeutic for me and I think I need a little therapy right now. Where to begin? I guess with my doctor appointment. I went in for my routine 12 week check-up only to find out some grim news...the baby had no heartbeat and stopped developing at 10 weeks. No...this cannot be happening...again. There is just no way. God wouldn't allow this to happen again. Yet, it did. How am I feeling, you ask? Honestly, I don't really know. I am deeply saddened, angry,hurt, overwhelmed, fearful, determined, full of faith, lacking in faith, etc., etc. How should I be feeling? What should I do now? Do I sit and cry or do I go finish the errands I need to get done today? I am at a loss. What I do know is that less then a week ago I was experiencing such great joy. I watched my son enjoy the very things I loved as a child. I enjoyed time spent with my husband and with us as a family. I felt my toes in the sand, watched my fav...