Skip to main content

The Halfway Mark

So I have made it to the half-way mark. On one hand, I cannot believe I am already half-way through, on another, I feel like I;ve been pregnant forever! I guess I have in a way...lol! Anyway, I am cherishing each and every moment with this little guy. I LOVE being pregnant; especially this month and the months to come. I am always amazed at those little kicks and flutters I get to feel and I love having Grady all to myself. He is mine and I don't have to share him with anyone at the moment!

We went for our "big" ultrasound where they measure everything and Grady got a shining report card. We were even told he has a buddah belly (mommy has gotten her appetite back). My due date has been moved up again to May 21st which makes me happy. I'd like to recover at least some before celebrating my soon-to-be three year old's birthday! We are more than pleased and gratefully humbled that the Lord has blessed us with this thriving miracle and that He has allowed us to watch Grady grow. We have had an ultrasound every appointment since week seven. I cannot tell you how fascinating and AMAZING it is to watch your child grow from a kidney bean to a gummy bear and then to what finally resembles a human being. We have truly witnessed the hand of God!

Jackson has also taken a liking to his little brother. He keeps telling us that he is special because he is a big brother and carries and sleeps with his big brother book. He talks to Grady all the time and kisses my belly. He told me the other day that Grady will need blankies and that he will share his night night's with him. This is a very special thing since Jackson's night night blankets are sacred. I can't wait to see his reaction when he can actually feel Grady kick and then finally meet his little brother. Life is truly amazing!

21 weeks pregnant


Scratching his head wondering about this world he's about to enter. If you look closely you can see his little leg curled up. Btw, his profile is an exact match of Jackson's at this time.

Comments

Romberg Family said…
You look so great!! Love the name too. YOu are making me get baby fever again!!! Josh will thank you for that!! :o)
Melanie said…
Congrats Friend! Little Grady will be in so soon. Crazy! Miss you. You look beautiful by the way!
Anonymous said…
You look great! I'm so happy for you and l guess his name is Grady, cute. I've never heard that before. Enjoy this time with only one child-everything is about to change. It is awesome!
Anonymous said…
Why does it look like you have a strange oddity sticking out of your back?
Other than that, you look FABULOUS!
Love you!!!
Hey! Thanks!- Glad you found me! You look great also! I know it doesn't feel that way because I feel the same way! You are having another boy? Us too! Looking forward to keeping up with your blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.