Skip to main content

Monday Musings~A Look Back

"The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy." Psalm 126:3

As I look ahead to 2009 and look back on 2008 I can easily say, "Good riddens 2008! Bring on 2009!" I think many of us are happy 2008 is over and ready to start a fresh new year full of new hopes and prospects for a better future. However, I have a much different attitude and perspective than I thought I would. I can actually look back at 2008 and honestly say that the Lord truly has done GREAT things for us!

Yes, we have definitely had some major trials but I would not be where I am or who I am today without them. My trials have taught me so much that I am grateful for: compassion, empathy, appreciation, love, defeat, endurance, patience, being still, trust, letting go of control, a need to help others, and the list goes on. God has also blessed my family with a year of health. Besides the sudden passing of my dear uncle, everyone has been extremely healthy. He has also blessed me with tremendous friends and a support team I couldn't live without. I feel like I've grown closer to my childhood friends and those I love and miss dearly from California. I also am blessed to know so many wonderfully amazing women here in Texas. I NEVER in a million years would've thought I would meet so many beautiful friends so fast when we moved here. My marriage has grown into a stage that I love. God is amazing in allowing me to love and be loved by the man he created just for me. Everyday is a blessing with Scott and I couldn't imagine spending my life with anyone else. Our best friends live two and a half miles away from us. God was the only one who could've arranged that set-up and I am forever grateful and indebted for that. I don't know where our family would be without them in our lives. God has also blessed me with the ability to watch our son grow into this amazing little person. I look at him in awe. I cannot believe His creation and that He has allowed me to be Jackson's mommy. Finally, I cannot ignore the blessing of this pregnancy. I cannot explain to anyone how blessed and humbled I feel that the Lord has enabled me to carry and have another child. It is a thrill beyond words. Every movement I feel is a reminder of how great my God is. I am in disbelief that the hands that created the universe paused to create this precious life inside me. To watch this child grow over the past few months has been nothing short of a miracle!

So, needless to say the Lord has done great things for us and CONTINUES to do great things. I will not allow myself to look back in pity and anger at all the "negative" things life has brought. Instead I choose to look at the greatness life has offered me. How can I not? The Lord is good!

I must share these verses with you in closing. My dear friend, Andrew, who I love and miss so much posted them today on Facebook and I am SO glad he did! Enjoy!

Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you,
who walk in the light of your presence, O LORD.
They rejoice in your name all day long;
they exult in your righteousness.
For you are their glory and strength,
and by your favor you exalt our horn.
Indeed, our shield [b] belongs to the LORD,
our king to the Holy One of Israel.
Psalm 89:15-18

Comments

The Bullards! said…
I love you friend. I agree that we say good ridence to 2008, hasnt that been what we have been saying for oh, like a year already! LOL! 2009 is going to be great and we will do our darndest to make it great. How can it not, we have lil guppy on the way! I love you

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.