Skip to main content

Half a Year! Oh My!



My Sweet Dosers~

Six months? Where has it gone? I think you get sweeter each and every day! Mommy cannot believe that you are already 6-months old! I am madly in love with you! My heart melts every time I look into those big blue eyes and see that gummy smile of yours! You are smiley and giggly and loving and sweet. You love to be around people smiling at everyone. You only really cry when you are hungry, have a dirty diaper, or are really tired and about to fall asleep. Sometimes you whine when you can't see mommy or want to be held. Other than that, you are a darn near perfect baby.

You scoot yourself around in a circle and to other various places. Rolling is what gets you where you want to go for the most part. Jackson still loves you more than words can describe. You are truly blessed to have him as a big brother and I am pretty sure you know it. He is very helpful in taking care of you and always wants to see you right when you wake up in the morning. You laugh at him a lot and love listening to him talk to you and say funny things.

You are a big boy now eating solid foods. So far you have tried bananas, pears, butternut squash, and peas. You could probably live without the peas but you tolerate them. Mommy is making your food homemade and loving every minute of it! I think all this yummy food has thrown you into a growth spurt. You are in at least 6-9 month clothes, if not bigger and almost size three shoes. You are still wearing size 3 diapers.

You and daddy are pals. You get quite excited when you see him wiggling all around and smiling from ear to ear. You love playing with him grabbing his hair and face. We absolutely adore you and love your sweet spirit. You light up our days bringing us so much joy. Until next month sweet boy...






Comments

Grady is getting so big!! He is soo adorable!!
Becca said…
Look at how big he is getting! I can't believe it.

Popular posts from this blog

Grady's Story

Grady Steven Fish 7lbs. 3oz. 19 1/2inches April 25, 2009 4:45pm SURPRISE! Actually, I think absolute shock is more appropriate! This was me a week ago...happy at 36 weeks pregnant with not much happening. I thought for sure that I had at least 2 weeks left, if not four. I did, however, frantically run around town that day getting all the things I thought I needed to get just in case. Good thing I am a little neurotic and OCD because it paid off a few days later. I have had contractions on and off since I was 25 weeks pregnant or so. I never thought anything of them because they were so sporadic and fairly painless. Friday camearound and I noticed that I was having more contractions than usual. Grady was still moving about so I didn't worry much. Around 2:30pm that day I laid down because the contractions were coming on a little stronger and closer together. I called Scott to let him know and honestly, to see when he was coming home from work. Jackson was still napping and I wasn...

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil...

Joys and Sorrows

Ok,so I don't really know what to say. All I know is that writing is therapeutic for me and I think I need a little therapy right now. Where to begin? I guess with my doctor appointment. I went in for my routine 12 week check-up only to find out some grim news...the baby had no heartbeat and stopped developing at 10 weeks. No...this cannot be happening...again. There is just no way. God wouldn't allow this to happen again. Yet, it did. How am I feeling, you ask? Honestly, I don't really know. I am deeply saddened, angry,hurt, overwhelmed, fearful, determined, full of faith, lacking in faith, etc., etc. How should I be feeling? What should I do now? Do I sit and cry or do I go finish the errands I need to get done today? I am at a loss. What I do know is that less then a week ago I was experiencing such great joy. I watched my son enjoy the very things I loved as a child. I enjoyed time spent with my husband and with us as a family. I felt my toes in the sand, watched my fav...