Skip to main content

A Dedication & An Adventure

The Fish family has had a lot going on this month! I can hardly keep up! Grady was dedicated at the beginning of the month, the boys and I saw some dinosaurs, we hopped a plain to California to see my mom, sister, and her family, enjoyed a gorgeous day at the aboretum, had a fabulous Thanksgiving feast with the Fish family and the Bullards, and Grady turned 7 months, got a tooth, and started crawling! Whew! I am going to post in stages because it takes so long to upload pictures. Below is our visit to the Halls and Grady's dedication. More to come!

I am not exaggerating when I say that the boys and I had the most amazing time at my sister's! Jackson was out-of-his-body excited to see his cousins. I don't think I saw him but for meals when we were at my sister's house. Joshua was his buddy and really took Jack under his wing. My sister and brother-in-law have done the most incredible job raising some fabulous children. I cannot brag about them enough! The kindness, love, and patience Jacob, Josh, and Allison showed Jack and Grady was beyond words!

We went on a few adventures. My sister lives outside of Sacramento and has many cool things around her to do. The first day we went to beautiful Lake Tahoe. This place will literally take your breath away by its beauty. In all the years I lived in California I had never been. You really feel like you have stepped out of the state and into a painting. The next day we went to Apple Hill. I love Apple Hill. It's a bunch of farms and wineries in the mountains. You can eat fresh apples and treats and enjoy the scenery. On the last day we went to the Fish Hatchery. Usually we see tons of salmon in the American River but there weren't many this time.

Jackson really didn't care what we did as long as he was with his cousins. He could not get enough of them. Grady just went with the flow and enjoyed some serious love and spoiling from Grandma and Auntie Amy. He did love their dog, Sadie. Everytime he saw her he'd crack up. Both boys were great little travelers. I had no issues with either of them at the airport or on the plane. I got lots of help from fellow passengers and workers. The pilot of our return flight even took the time to chat with Jack for a while and gave me certificates for both the boys personally filled out by him. Super cool.

I already miss my mom, sister, and her family. I absolutely cherish the time we have together. Who would have know after years of sibling fights about stealing cloths and just being annoying we would get along so well and be so close. I love you more than words, sis! Thanks for taking on me and my crazy boys! We were so blessed! P.S. Wait until I come to visit next time with my THREE boys! Ha!


























Grady was dedicated to the Lord on November 8, 2009. I absolutely love our church. Our pastor and staff are fantastic. Scott's parents and some amazing friends were able to share this special day with us. We are so blessed to be loved and supported by such wonderful people. It really does take a village to raise a family! The dedication was terrific. Grady did great and even went completely still when Pastor John placed his hand on him to pray. Jackson webbed the crowd like spiderman but also did great. I feel so secure knowing my sons are in the hands of the Lord.




Comments

Melanie said…
Wow Lady! You guys have been BUSY! Looks like fun. Glad you guys had a happy Thanksgiving! xoxo
Becca said…
Wow, you have been busy!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.