How I long to live like Christ and wonder why it is so difficult; why we make it so hard. Why is the world so enticing when we only find real fulfillment in the One who gives us life? He is so good and gives me so much yet I chase this world like it is whom I serve. I see death, destruction, despair, loss, fear, chasing with no end yet the world is often times what I seek. Am I afraid of the life you have written for me? Fearful that this life may venture off the path of cultural norm so wrapped up into acceptance by society and not Heaven? I want more than this. I want You, to know You deeply and live for You fulfilled in every capacity.
Amen
2 Peter 2:21-25
"For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in His steps. He never sinned, nor deceived anyone. He did not retaliate when he was insulted, nor threaten revenge when he suffered. He left his case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly. He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By his wounds you are healed. Once you were like sheep who wandered away. But now you have turned to your Shepherd, the Guardian of your souls."
As we look to this world, the government, and others for answers on a day that we remember and still do not fully comprehend, I pray we look to Him instead and let the Author and Creator of the universe handle the situation. He knows. He comforts. He restores.
Blessings,
Megan
Grady Steven Fish 7lbs. 3oz. 19 1/2inches April 25, 2009 4:45pm SURPRISE! Actually, I think absolute shock is more appropriate! This was me a week ago...happy at 36 weeks pregnant with not much happening. I thought for sure that I had at least 2 weeks left, if not four. I did, however, frantically run around town that day getting all the things I thought I needed to get just in case. Good thing I am a little neurotic and OCD because it paid off a few days later. I have had contractions on and off since I was 25 weeks pregnant or so. I never thought anything of them because they were so sporadic and fairly painless. Friday camearound and I noticed that I was having more contractions than usual. Grady was still moving about so I didn't worry much. Around 2:30pm that day I laid down because the contractions were coming on a little stronger and closer together. I called Scott to let him know and honestly, to see when he was coming home from work. Jackson was still napping and I wasn...
Comments