Skip to main content

Words

Words. Words. Words. I love words. Words are a beautiful expression of life. I know everyone already wrapped up 2013 and spoke about 2014 with many words. I sat on my words quietly pondering what they meant to me and if these words truly described the life I journeyed through last year and helped shape me into the person I am today as I conquer these first days of the new year. Four words stick out to me from 2013. They were so powerful yet gentle in the beauty of their unique purpose. The year began with the word fearless. Oh, how I needed this word so desperately at exactly the time it entered my life. I had just come off of a roller coaster year of fear, fret, worry, and anxiety coupled with numerous changes in our life and watching loved ones hurt so deeply I could do nothing short of weep. I needed fearless to gain courage to conquer the road He had placed in front of me. Fearless taught me to truly find joy in trials and challenges; to not be afraid of the bad stuff that happens and get rid of the what-ifs. Fearless gave me permission to live again. My wings in Him broadened when the word fearless entered my system. "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31 The next word that rocked my soul came in the fall. Reckless is my new faith. I learned to love more deep and wide. Reckless enabled me to man up to my faith and truly live out what I preach and believe. If I say I believe, I will believe. Period. If I say I will pray, on my knees I shall fall. If it is time to worship, I will clear my mind and honor Him. When He calls, I will listen and follow regardless of what others may say or think. I will be reckless for Him as He was reckless for me. "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 The last word, or words, were much needed this year and at this time. Comfort and joy came right before the holidays. Last year, the holidays were good and blessed but many around me struggled so intensely it tore me up inside. Every sermon I heard seemed like it talked about death, and, quite frankly, saddened my soul. We were in the apartment so what I knew of and enjoyed having a house full of people during the holidas was gone. On top of all that, it snowed the most beautiful snow on Christmas day BUT we were stuck inside and couldn't get out to celebrate with our extended family. This year, God gave me comfort and joy to begin the advent. I am so thankful to Him for these words. He filled me with warmth and a joy that I can only explain through Him and His faithfulness to me and my family. He taught me that HE is my comfort and HE is my joy; that life will happen, change, and rock us but His comfort and joy are always there and unchanging. "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13 Precious Savior, Thank You for first and foremost giving us Your perfect, beautiful, and magnificent Word. It is alive, active, and still penetrates our souls today. Thank you for speaking to us through the eloquence of words. You challenge, enlighten, and inspire us with these letters that when put together make something so wonderful. Never stop speaking to me. In Your Mighty Name, Amen Love&Blessings, Meg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.