Skip to main content

Sweet Spot

I was laying on the office floor chatting with Scott. We were talking about everything from daily stuff to our hopes and dreams. We maybe only talked for twenty minutes or so, but it was so sweet; a nice moment to connect to the man I fell in love with many moons ago. That moment reminded me that even though this world may seem like it's falling apart at the seams sometimes and everything may be in disarray, I am living in the sweet spot right now.

I am being molded, changed, and transformed from the inside out. My thirties has been such a journey of discovery, growth, and maturity. God is doing a work in me and it is good. Even though I am being challenged, I am still living in the sweet spot. I look through joy-filled lenses even on the darkest day. I have come to find rest, comfort, and true meaning in Romans 15:13 that says, "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." The more I trust Him, let go, and allow Him to fill me, the more I live joy and peace.

I live in hope not fear. I live in joy not sorrow. I live in peace not chaos (well, there may be a little bit of chaos in a house filled with boys but you get the idea). I look at my marriage and see Jesus at work. His grace is there each day guiding us. His blessing upon us as our love for one another grows. I see God in my three boys as they come into their own discovering who they are in this big wide world. I relish in my family getting to spend precious time with my sister, brother-in-law, and their kids. I am grateful that my dad moved to Texas and we have time, precious time, with one another. I look forward to visits from my mom and love how absolutely out-of-their-body excited the kids get when she comes. I love my village; those women and families that have surrounded me and my brood lifting us up, supporting us, loving us. That's my joy. That's my sweet spot.

I write all this to remind myself that even in the mundane laundry-folding house-cleaning days, God is good. God is present and sweet amongst the trials and challenges. He relishes when we experience and receive His joy. He is working throughout the day giving me beautiful weather, sweet conversations with my husband as I pass by his office while he's working, and letting me hear the sweet giggles (and fights) from my boys. I truly am living in the sweet spot right now and I am savoring every single moment.

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." Isaiah 26:3

Love & Blessings,
Meg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.