Skip to main content

Life-Giving

"The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." John 10:10 NKJV

When I was about 8 years old I went around my neighborhood with homemade invitations inviting all my neighborhood friends to a party. I was so excited to have all my friends over for this random event that I made up all on my own. I remember my mom asking what I was doing. Of course I hadn't run it by her first. Twenty-eight years later and not much has changed. I thrive on having people over. I love gathering together with others. It is the heart-beat of my life. I love connections, enjoying a meal around the table, and just being with others.

I have had a few life-giving moments lately and it got me to thinking. We all have those relationships that suck us dry. Like the thief who comes to steal and destroy, we have relationships that rob us of an abundant life. It happens. If you are going to go into a relationship with others, you will experience mess, confusion, tension, and energy-sucking moments. We are all human. I am not talking about those friendships. I want to enhance life-giving relationships in my life. I want to walk away and feel energized. I want to be the friend that breaths life into another; especially when they feel completely deflated.

Jesus says that He has come to give us life. He isn't talking about boring, everyday, errand running life. He wants to bless us with abundance. I want to be that to others. I want them to leave my presence and feel like they are overflowing with love. I want them to feel valued and like they matter. Because they do matter.

I don't want people to leave my presence and feel tired and worn out. I don't want them to roll their eyes and think that it is one more drama-filled day with me. I want people to desire a relationship with me not because I am so cool (lol) but because His life-giving abundance is pouring from my heart into their lives.

I am not talking perfection. Quite the contrary. Being someone who gives life to a relationship, to me, means giving when it is really really difficult, loving when things get dirty, and giving grace upon grace when necessary. Life-giving relationships do not come without boundaries. Boundaries in relationships are healthy and good for the soul. Not everyone can maneuver in a relationship with boundaries, nor can they understand that boundaries are a part of giving grace, but, they are necessary. Otherwise, you become sucked dry and cannot feed the friendship with the abundant life Jesus wants us to experience.

Sometimes, you have to walk away from a relationship that sucks you dry. I had to learn that that is okay. Sometimes, it's better and far healthier to love and give life from afar. However, I want to be the person that people don't want to walk away from. I want them to come to me and experience a love so deep and realize they have value with me, with Jesus, so wide within their soul that they experience a little piece of heaven here on earth. I want them to feel, see, taste, touch, and smell Jesus in our friendship.

My prayer for you, for me, is that we experience life-giving friendships that go beyond the ordinary and into the extraordinary.

Love & Blessings,
Meg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.