Skip to main content

All Things New

I couldn't go to sleep. I was wide awake at midnight and if you know me well, you know I usually fall asleep around nine. I read, caught up on some shows, and finally turned everything off in order to try and get some shut eye. The moment I shut my eyes, my mind began racing; of course.

I decided to pray for two reasons. First, I know some people are hurting in a big way right now and they need big prayers. Second, prayer makes me sleepy. Maybe there's a calming peace that washes over us when we pray. Either way, I knew I needed to talk to God.

I began praying for the victims of Saturday's storms. Tornadoes whipped through North Texas so fast and with such vengeance, the storm chasers I follow on social media could not keep up with posting the warnings. People lost everything: their lives, their homes, their pets. I started praying for peace and hope and then I started praying for the church. As I was praying, I realized that the very words I was speaking were exactly what I desire for 2016. I usually post about the past year as it comes to a close, but I realized I want to look ahead instead. There is so much hope in a new year rushing in that I don't want to miss it by looking back. So, here is my prayer for you, for me, for the church, for our world.

Heavenly Father,

I pray an abundance of peace over our world. A peace that is unexplainable. I pray those suffering may experience comfort; the lost may find hope. I pray the church rises up refusing to fulfill what the naysayers shout. I pray the church walks humbly, loves, mercy, and seeks justice for the battered, the hurting, the scared, the lost. As we link arms and stomp our boots on the ground in protest in the upcoming year, I pray it's for those enslaved by unfathomable circumstances not because of a red cup. I pray that we stand united to love all lives, because each and every one of us is a child of God. I pray You teach us to love our enemies, those we don't understand, and those we fear for we know anyone and everyone should have an opportunity to know Your Son. I pray grace, mercy, and love moves us through our days. May our arms be wide open to whatever you have for us; the doors to our churches and our homes remain unlocked inviting anyone to walk thru them. My prayer is that the church can represent Jesus more than it represents ourselves; that we lose the culture and live the faith. I pray that people matter to us more than we matter to ourselves. May the world feel the release that comes from the freedom that is in Jesus Christ. May we be a little kinder, walk a little more humbly, and accept that is it okay when we disagree. When we are offended may, may it be over a child who lost their life because their parents were trying to escape the atrocities occurring in their homeland not because someone has a different political view. May we allow You to guide our steps instead of us forcing our outcomes. May our prayers be loud and bold and powerful. I pray we do not fear our world. Instead, my prayer is that our world will empower us to believe stronger, love deeper, and give more generously. May Jesus be seen more often by our actions than our words. I pray this coming year fulfills the peace, hope, and love that is all encompassing and only found in Jesus Christ.

In Jesus Mighty, Powerful, and Holy Name I pray.

Amen!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."

Love & Blessings,
Meg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.