Skip to main content

Forgive Me

Funny how God works. I was sitting here completely distracted by other things when I have a list a mile long to complete. The time was not wasted, though. In my distraction, I came across a video post by an author I follow named, Glennon Doyle. While there's some things I do not agree with, her foundation of loving others and loving ourselves is paramount.

I was thinking recently about forgiveness. I am one to forgive others easily. Own your stuff, apologize, and I forgive. I don't hold a grudge. I won't remind you of your wrong doing. But, BUT, I have a really hard time forgiving myself sometimes. I beat myself down and deem myself worthless. Why is it so easy for me to forgive others but not myself.

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." Ephesians 4:32

Ephesians 4:32 talks about how we need to let things go and forgive others. These verses are a call for us to give others what we have been given: forgiveness from Christ. What if this is a call for us to forgive ourselves as well? What is God is calling us to stop being bitter about the state we are in? What if God is calling us to stop being angry with ourselves beating ourselves up over our wrong doings and inadequacies; the mistakes we keep making over and over again? What if this is God calling us to be kind to ourselves first because, really, we can't be kind to others until we learn how to be kind to ourselves. What if this is God calling us to forgive ourselves? What if? What would our world look like if we were tender-hearted to ourselves?

Glennon Doyle talked about the lies of aging women believe on her video. She just turned 40 and instead of dreading her place on the age scale, she has found freedom. She found freedom in 40 because she found love for herself. She realized that she is far greater than any wrinkle on her face. She has more value than the number she writes in the age bracket. She loves herself and is kind to her inner being.

I want to let go. Not of things others have done to me. Rather, I want to let go of the unforgiveness I have for myself. I want to be kind to me letting go of the bitterness, anger, and frustration I hold against myself and my mistakes. I want to love me from the inside out being kind in my thoughts and actions towards myself.

What if we did this? What if we loved and forgave from the inside out? I like to think we would start a love revolution. Our outward actions would be that much more powerful because they would be fueled by an inner love and peace that is unmatched. As we dwell in this Easter season remembering that Jesus loved us so much he suffered and died on the cross for us, let us learn to love ourselves just a little more than yesterday. We are worth it.

To more love!

Love & Blessings,
Meg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.