Skip to main content

Running

We've got one chick in our flock who veers more on the stubborn side of things. He's fiercely passionate and leans towards the emotionally illogical from time-to-time. If you know me or my family, I will leave it to you to determine which little monkey this describes and which parent he most mirrors. It shouldn't be that difficult.

I remember when he was young and I thought I needed to correct his behavior; change it. I had this assumption that he was somehow flawed and I was to right the wrong. Soon into my parenting journey, I had a friend struggling with her son in similar areas. I will never forget something she said. She told me it wasn't her job to change him. God created her son that way. Her calling was to guide him and train him up in the way he was created not change who he was designed to be. That was so freeing to me as a mom and refocused me to see the extraordinary child God had blessed my husband and I with. Isn't it like God to send someone into your life saying the very things you need to hear at exactly the right time.

As much as I wanted to change this child's "negative" behavior, I realized he was perfectly designed exactly as he was by a perfect God. No need to change him; just guide him.

Aren't we like this with ourselves? We think we have all these design flaws so we try and change ourselves running from who we were created to be. We run from ourselves because we have convinced ourselves we are not good enough. I look back over the years and can tell you the faults I had in each season. I remember how it felt not to measure up in certain areas whether it was looks, smarts, money, or talents. There were plenty of times I wanted to pack my bags and run away from myself. Plenty of times.

But, I wasn't created to run from myself. I was created to run to myself; to fully accept who I am at my core. This doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. I don't own my being and not grow. Quite the opposite. I believe once we accept who God created us to be, we can flourish. The opportunity for growth becomes exponential the moment we decide to love ourselves. We can establish a clear purpose when we decide to like who we are.

"But the one who loves God is known by God." 1 Corinthians 8:3

"But when God, who set me apart from my mother's womb and called me by His grace, was pleased" Galatians 1:15

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." Psalm 139:13

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14

"My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth" Psalm 139:15

"Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them." Psalm 139:16

You and I, we are wonderfully made. We were created with purpose for a purpose. We were known before the world knew us. It is only fitting to accept our own creation for the Creator is the most stunning Artist we know.

Be bold today. Accept the beauty that resides within. You were created for a purpose for a future that is full of hope. Live out loud today. The world needs you!

Love & Blessings,
Meg






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.