Have you ever had one of those glorious days when your toddler awakes deceiving you that today is going to be a great day! He says "please" and "thank you" and is very cordial. And then, dun dun dun, the true evil troll in him comes out! This was my day. It is 7:30pm and I could crawl into bed and go to sleep. Here are thirteen of the tremendously wonderful things I experienced with my spawn today.
1. He took out all of my bracelets, hair accessories, curlers, and curler pins and scattered them across my bathroom and bedroom while I was rushing to get ready.
2. He spiderman-scaled my dresser, layed on his belly along our TV, and proceeded to turn the TV on and off because he wanted his music and then didn't want it...
3. We fought about what shoes he would wear when we were leaving.
4. This is the best one...Jackson had his first major public tantrum. We were leaving Bed, Bath, and Beyond and he would not come to me to cross the street. I picked him up, bags falling off my shoulder, and he noodled his way out of my arms and cried like a banshee because I wouldn't let him do teamwork(That's what I call it when we hold hands across the street. It's a Wonder Pets thing and it works.). I scooped him up and carried my flailing toddler to the car. Thankfully I wasn't parked far.
5. He wouldn't climb into his car seat so I put him in and he was mad that I didn't let him do it himself. Again, he began to wail.
6. He settled down so I thought I'd be daring and try one more store. I know. I know. Idiot. Anyway, I let him do teamwork and cross the street holding my hand. Well, about halfway through he began to wig-out because I was holding his hand and began letting his feet give out. Sweet. Yes, we made it across safely.
7. He cried when we left on the way home because, he said, he wanted a new home. I don't know if that meant he wanted a new house to live in or he wasn't too happy with mommy.
8. I decided that we should eat lunch outside since it was so nice. Well, he thought it'd be fun to climb on top of the table, jump in the swivel chairs, and climb all around under the table getting himself stuck numerous times.
9. The kid was wired so I knew he wasn't going down for a nap. So, I told him we'd watch a movie instead and he had to sit and rest. As I began nodding off out of pure exhaustion (it was only 2pm) he was jumping off the chairs acting like a super hero. Ugh. No rest for the weary.
10. Around 3pm we go to the park. The kid HAD to burn off some of this energy. He plays for awhile and then becomes obsessed with the sticks that line the play area. He begins throwing them. Yipee! Time-out for him. The whole time he's telling me he's going to be a "nice boy." Hmmmmm....
11. No more than two seconds after getting out of time-out he does the very same thing he went into time-out for in the first place...that's right, he threw more sticks.
12. His number one word of the day for me is "no." I LOVE it. Please kid, tell me no one more time today. Just test me. I might just freak out on you.
13. A few minutes into our drive home from the park the kid falls asleep. Can you believe it? It's 5pm. You can't be asleep. I was tempted to leave him in the car asleep when I got home to get some peace and quiet myself but I watched a really sad Oprah yesterday about a baby who died because of being left in the car. Darn! (not to make light of a serious situation).
Thankfully the sun has gone down and Jackson's fangs seemed to be disappearing. Tomorrow is a new day with a new adventure and a new hope! Goodnight!
1. He took out all of my bracelets, hair accessories, curlers, and curler pins and scattered them across my bathroom and bedroom while I was rushing to get ready.
2. He spiderman-scaled my dresser, layed on his belly along our TV, and proceeded to turn the TV on and off because he wanted his music and then didn't want it...
3. We fought about what shoes he would wear when we were leaving.
4. This is the best one...Jackson had his first major public tantrum. We were leaving Bed, Bath, and Beyond and he would not come to me to cross the street. I picked him up, bags falling off my shoulder, and he noodled his way out of my arms and cried like a banshee because I wouldn't let him do teamwork(That's what I call it when we hold hands across the street. It's a Wonder Pets thing and it works.). I scooped him up and carried my flailing toddler to the car. Thankfully I wasn't parked far.
5. He wouldn't climb into his car seat so I put him in and he was mad that I didn't let him do it himself. Again, he began to wail.
6. He settled down so I thought I'd be daring and try one more store. I know. I know. Idiot. Anyway, I let him do teamwork and cross the street holding my hand. Well, about halfway through he began to wig-out because I was holding his hand and began letting his feet give out. Sweet. Yes, we made it across safely.
7. He cried when we left on the way home because, he said, he wanted a new home. I don't know if that meant he wanted a new house to live in or he wasn't too happy with mommy.
8. I decided that we should eat lunch outside since it was so nice. Well, he thought it'd be fun to climb on top of the table, jump in the swivel chairs, and climb all around under the table getting himself stuck numerous times.
9. The kid was wired so I knew he wasn't going down for a nap. So, I told him we'd watch a movie instead and he had to sit and rest. As I began nodding off out of pure exhaustion (it was only 2pm) he was jumping off the chairs acting like a super hero. Ugh. No rest for the weary.
10. Around 3pm we go to the park. The kid HAD to burn off some of this energy. He plays for awhile and then becomes obsessed with the sticks that line the play area. He begins throwing them. Yipee! Time-out for him. The whole time he's telling me he's going to be a "nice boy." Hmmmmm....
11. No more than two seconds after getting out of time-out he does the very same thing he went into time-out for in the first place...that's right, he threw more sticks.
12. His number one word of the day for me is "no." I LOVE it. Please kid, tell me no one more time today. Just test me. I might just freak out on you.
13. A few minutes into our drive home from the park the kid falls asleep. Can you believe it? It's 5pm. You can't be asleep. I was tempted to leave him in the car asleep when I got home to get some peace and quiet myself but I watched a really sad Oprah yesterday about a baby who died because of being left in the car. Darn! (not to make light of a serious situation).
Thankfully the sun has gone down and Jackson's fangs seemed to be disappearing. Tomorrow is a new day with a new adventure and a new hope! Goodnight!
Comments
I love the, "I want a new home" one. We'll go with,"He wanted a new house" and not a "new mommy." Just for the sake of your sanity.
Yeah, you're job is WAY more difficult than mine. But you're soooo good at it. :)
Love you.