Skip to main content

Elijah's 2nd Birthday & Easter

Our sweet Elijah had his second birthday party on Saturday. I cannot believe he is 2 already! He had his birthday at MyGym and all the kids had an absolute blast! Of course Eli was precious! Enjoy the pictures!







I was so bad on Easter not taking any pictures. We had such a busy day on Saturday with our community Easter egg hunt, Elijah birthday party, and dinner for the Bullard's party that I was wiped when I was awakened at 7am by our wonderful little 2 year old wake-up call. Scott and I were still in bed and I told Jack that the Easter bunny left him something by the fireplace. So, he went and got his basket and opened it in bed with us. Lol!
We did, however, make it to church for an INCREDIBLE service! I am not big on Easter Sunday services because I feel like sometimes they are too much of a "show" or there is just way too much pressure to have the right message. This year was different. The title of the service was "Beautiful" and oh my goodness gracious, it was! I am not sure if it was just the pregnancy hormones in me or not, but I either had the goose bumps or tears in my eyes the entire time! And, Jackson came out of his class able to tell me about the gift Jesus gave him! Incredible!
After church, we headed to the Bullard's house for an Easter egg hunt and a very yummy lunch! The boys had a blast and we enjoyed some good company and great food! We got home and all crashed for a little over an hour and then headed to our next adventure. My sister-in-law, Cari, had us all over for Easter dinner. It was SO nice to see the Fish Family (minus Kristen and the kids....sniff) and watch Jackson play with his cousins! He could not stop talking about them on the way home. He fell in love with Casey and Keith's ADORABLE puppy carrying her around everywhere. I think he was trying to sneak her into our car without anyone looking! We got home around 9ish and all crashed! I think we are all still a little tired today. But, we had an awesome Easter celebrating the resurrection with some pretty special people!
Jack & Gavin patiently waiting to start their Easter egg hunt.

Elijah with his egg he found. He loved shaking it!

Jackson searching for eggs.

The boys with their loot.

"Hey, what do you got in there?" Elijah stealing some eggs from his brother! Gotta love it!

Comments

Becca said…
The boys look so cute and like they had a good time.

Popular posts from this blog

Grady's Story

Grady Steven Fish 7lbs. 3oz. 19 1/2inches April 25, 2009 4:45pm SURPRISE! Actually, I think absolute shock is more appropriate! This was me a week ago...happy at 36 weeks pregnant with not much happening. I thought for sure that I had at least 2 weeks left, if not four. I did, however, frantically run around town that day getting all the things I thought I needed to get just in case. Good thing I am a little neurotic and OCD because it paid off a few days later. I have had contractions on and off since I was 25 weeks pregnant or so. I never thought anything of them because they were so sporadic and fairly painless. Friday camearound and I noticed that I was having more contractions than usual. Grady was still moving about so I didn't worry much. Around 2:30pm that day I laid down because the contractions were coming on a little stronger and closer together. I called Scott to let him know and honestly, to see when he was coming home from work. Jackson was still napping and I wasn...

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil...

Joys and Sorrows

Ok,so I don't really know what to say. All I know is that writing is therapeutic for me and I think I need a little therapy right now. Where to begin? I guess with my doctor appointment. I went in for my routine 12 week check-up only to find out some grim news...the baby had no heartbeat and stopped developing at 10 weeks. No...this cannot be happening...again. There is just no way. God wouldn't allow this to happen again. Yet, it did. How am I feeling, you ask? Honestly, I don't really know. I am deeply saddened, angry,hurt, overwhelmed, fearful, determined, full of faith, lacking in faith, etc., etc. How should I be feeling? What should I do now? Do I sit and cry or do I go finish the errands I need to get done today? I am at a loss. What I do know is that less then a week ago I was experiencing such great joy. I watched my son enjoy the very things I loved as a child. I enjoyed time spent with my husband and with us as a family. I felt my toes in the sand, watched my fav...