Skip to main content

He Believes in Me

Feeling vulnerable, illogical, and a little crazy, I went up to him and asked for prayer and a listening ear. He's my safe place; that place I can go and get all the crazy out and feel like I am going to be okay. He's been by my side for what seems like forever and yet, I still question whether I should let it all hang out worried that I may scare him away. I never do though. He is always there; steady.

My husband believes in me and that's a good feeling. He believes in me even when I don't believe in myself. He let's me go and be and do the things I was created for even if that brings him more work or sacrifice to his life. He dreams bigger dreams for me because he believes I can. He pushes me without me even knowing it. He believes in me so I can believe in myself.

"I have found the one whom my soul loves." Song of Solomon 3:4

In order for me to see and feel how greatly my husband believes in me, I had to allow myself the space to be vulnerable. I had to let down my guard and let him in trusting that he would hold me and my emotions delicately. He brings a fierce strength to my soul and my being. He allows me a safe place to let it all hang out: the good, the bad, and the ugly.

I think this is one of the reasons we have a successful marriage. I know that I can lean into my man and he won't let me fall no matter how crazy big the dream or how irrational my emotions become. He is my steady; my calm. He allows me to be exactly who I am but doesn't let me stay there. He lovingly pushes me out of my comfort zones because he knows the better lies on the outside. He also knows that I am capable of getting there even if I need a little push.

It's a good feeling to know someone believes in you, especially someone you love and admire. When I struggle, feel defeated, or like there is no way I can do what lies before me, I know there is someone standing by my side believing in me when I can't believe in myself. I am forever grateful and am reminded that while God has given me the gift of having someone in the physical realm believe in me, He is always there standing by my side and believes in me in ways I can't even fathom. So, when we feel like we can't, know He believes we can.

'"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."' Jeremiah 29:11

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:28-29

"He gives power to the weak
and strength to the powerless.
Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:29-31

"But all who listen to me will live in peace,
untroubled by fear of harm.” Proverbs 1:33

Love & Blessings,
Meg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.