Skip to main content

Happy Easter!

"Jesus said to her, 'I am the ressurection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die..." John 11:25-26a

Ah, Easter. One of my favorite times of year. Spring is here and I get to celebrate and remember the foundation of my faith. I was so thrilled for Easter this year because Jackson is getting old enough to begin traditions and teach him the meaning of Easter. I had high hopes for Sunday. However, God once again knew better.

We began the morning a little tired from the wonderful time we had with my sister and her kids. They left Saturday morning and we spent the rest of the day cleaning and prepping for our Easter day and the company that was coming. We were excited, however, to get Jack up and show him his basket. He has been asking for it ever since I brought it home weeks ago and "hid" it on a high shelf in my closet.

He woke up and was very excited to get that basket and loved all the things in it! I got him the best cardboard book that tells the story of Jesus and the meaning of Easter. After the basket we all began to get ready for church. In the midst of this, Jackson dropped my stool that I keep in the bathroom on his big toe. We seriously thought he broke it. My thoughts were of the ER on Easter. However, he seemed okay, walked on it, and wanted to go "bye bye" so we ventured out to church. Jackson loves going to church!

We got to church and all was going well until the end of worship when there on the screen was our number letting us and the entire congregation know that it was our child who was crying and could not be consoled. Thankfully Scott went to see him and played with him while I got to hear the message. One out of two of us ain't bad!

We got home and Jack went down for a nap. Yipee!!! I thought if he took a nap he'd totally be into an Easter egg hunt when he got up. Nope! No sir-ee!!! He really didn't care that much about finding the eggs. We had to do it inside because it was so cold outside so maybe he was distracted. Who knows. At least Gavin had a good time and made us all laugh because he would find each egg, open it, dump the contents on the floor, and take what he wanted then move on to the next egg. Hilarious!!!

We did, however, enjoy our ammazing family and friends that came over. I honestly thought we'd be alone on some of the holidays but I have had a house full for most! I am incredibly thankful and blessed! Through all this God taught me that He doesn't want just one day of worship and attention but everyday. Some days I will be focused solely on Him and other days I will have to work a little harder to see and honor Him. All-in-all, I will always come back to Him and the reason that I live everyday-for Him!

I hope each and everyone of you had a blessed Easter remembering the real reason for the season-the hope we have in the resurrection of Jesus Christ our Savior!!!

Finally!!!! I get my "raf raf" basket!!! I've been eye-balling this in mommy's closet for week's now!


Jackson and his dragon from his Easter basket. He loved the dragon and stuffed rabbit, which he called a "meow meow," that were in his basket.


Jackson and Gavin and the first girl they have fought over, Macy. Aw, to be young and in love...


Jackson and his cousins Jake and Hailey. It was so wonderful to see them!!!


Apparently this is what Jackson thinks of the Easter egg hunt:)

Comments

Love the last pic! Little bucket head! Too cute! Looks like you guys had lots of fun too!
Shannon said…
I'm glad your Easter turned out great even though all didn't go as planned. It looks like Jackson had fun anyway. Hope you all are doing well!
Whitney said…
That last picture of Jackson is adorable! Thank you for sharing your Easter with us! We had a great time!

Popular posts from this blog

Our Miracle

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 9:10 "You are the God who performs miracles; You will display Your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:14 Meet our miracle...and our secret. Yes, it is true. I am pregnant; about twelve weeks and a few days to be exact. We wanted to make sure this baby was healthy before announcing how great God has been to us! We have known about this precious little blessing for a little over two months and have eagerly awaited numerous sonogram and test results. We have witnessed God's mighty, yet gentle, hand every Tuesday for the past five weeks. This baby is a fighter. However, the road is not "clear" quite yet. We met with the pareanatoligist today to do a sonogram and blood test to determine if there are any chromosomal abnormalities; specifically Downs, and Trisomy 13 and 18. Although the sonogram looked great and the doctor said we were in the "safe zone," we are stil

Don't Lose You

When Jackson was a baby, I would hop into my car on my lunch break and rush to his day care to see him. I had thirty minutes with my baby and I needed every last second. I was a mess of a new mom and had a really hard time leaving him everyday. I was caught in the conundrum of loving teaching with all that I was and loving being a mom desperately wanting to stay home. I established a neat relationship with Jack's care-takers. They were a little older than me and much wiser. They will never fully know how appreciative I am for their advice and comfort during those beginning moments as a mama. When I decided to leave my teaching career and move halfway across the country to do so, they gave me a piece of advice that I didn't take seriously initially but now hold dear. They told me I had to find something for me. They watched me finish my master's that year and knew I was the type that needed to be doing. They recognized that I was about to enter a season where I had to hold

Monday Musings~You have been called...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14 ...to pray. Meet our newest addition; baby Fish. I am officially 8 weeks four days pregnant! PRAISE GOD!!!! We saw our precious miracle today for the second time; heart flickering away on the monitor with little arm and leg buds beginning to form. The doctor gave us a great report telling us that everything looks perfect...can't get any better than that. God is so good to us. We are blessed beyond belief to experience the miracle of life once again. Please pray for our growing family and our precious growing angel. We feel the presence of God daily and welcome and need your prayers.